People Operations Director
Building people-centric teams to do people focused work is no easy feat. We rely on the expertise of People Partners who understand the critical importance of building work environments where employees are valued for the talents they bring to our work. A place where experiences are built around what brings out the best of everyone. A business professional who understands the importance of translating business needs into people strategies.
This role reports to the Chief People Officer and will partner closely with other members of the People Experience Team. The People Operations Director position will drive the development and day-to-day execution of the People Operations team while working closely with the Chief People Officer in setting enterprise-wide people strategies for the Company. As a key member of the leadership team, the People Operations Director will lead various People Experience initiatives that provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture which emphasize empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and organizational growth. This individual contributes as a strategic partner in the accomplishment of departmental plans through initiatives that attract and retain talent, develop employees and leaders and align organizational goals and objectives. The People Operations Director will serve as a top HR expert and provide guidance, support, and advice on a variety of HR disciplines including Union/Labor relations. This individual will serve as a true strategic business partner while working closely with other key leaders and executive management to ensure HR effectiveness and maintain a positive culture while leading and promoting HR initiatives and programs that align with corporate goals and values.
The People Operations Director is tasked with overseeing social forums (e.g. org wide retreats), handling employee relations, ensuring compliance with regulations, the day to day office/building management, health and safety protocols.
The People Operations Director and their team will collaborate with cross-functional teams and leaders to actively engage in goal alignment, organizational development, & team development. The teams will build upon and rely on your HR functional expertise and effectiveness to align critical human resources principles with business objectives.
They help with the program design and ROI measurement of key programs like the Intern/Fellow Program, Employee Roundtable Forums and New Hire Buddy Program.
Demonstrated experience and results in designing and implementing People Initiatives and projects to drive organizational and team change, employee engagement, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion/Belonging (DEIB). Experience of major organizational transformation projects will be highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Organizational and Functional People (HR) Business Partner
- Demonstrated experience and results in coaching and training managers to improve their people management capability and confidence.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions throughout all job levels in the organization.
- Works closely with executive leaders and management to advise counsel, and provide coaching and resolution to address employees' performance. Provides performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to provide consultation and guidance to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Serves as the first point of escalation, communicates business developments and organizational changes to subordinates, and addresses and resolves employee concerns.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and innovation as it relates to improving processes, addressing performance, creating action plans, and ensuring proper training and development of employees.
- Promotes ethical and cultural awareness to the workforce through training, development, and consultation.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the Human Resource group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Develops, updates, and manages policies and procedures. Develops organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resource issues; contributes information, analysis, and recommendations to the organization's strategic direction.
- Creation of business plans, budgets, software implementation, scheduling and monitoring performance with metrics.
- Monitor and interpret trends and metrics around employee satisfaction, attrition, turnover, etc. Provide analysis reports to the Chief People Officer to craft initiatives to address trends and business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters degree preferred)in Human Resources or related coursework in humanities. Requires at least ten years related experience in HR/Operations Management with a minimum of 5 years as an HR Generalist. SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred.
- Proven experience in workforce planning, employee engagement programs, retention, and talent management best practices.
- Have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. They will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations.
- Ability to influence at varying levels across the organization
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator.
- Ability to build business partnerships with leadership and serve as the principal HR contact and expert for the organization
- Strong technical HR knowledge (e.g. compensation, employment laws, FLSA, FMLA, employee relations, staffing and selection, performance management, training, and development)
- Ability to understand business functions and metrics within our organization
- Ability to direct initiatives and gain buy-in from stakeholders
- Knowledge of people-related best practices and demonstrated success working as a strategic partner
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel 20%
- Must complete a criminal background check (administered by RAINN)
- The headquarters is based in Washington, DC. Please note that RAINN staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to https://rainn.applicantpro.com/jobs/
In order to comply with new requirements for federal contractors, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption.
RAINN offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance, 403(b) retirement savings, paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays including a bonus week, and free access to the building fitness center. RAINN is based in Washington, D.C.
When you work at RAINN, you're joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of sexual violence every day. Your job is important -- and so are you! RAINN will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. RAINN is committed to maximizing the diversity of its organization and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the essential functions, responsibilities and/or requirements.
Location: United States (remote)
RAINN is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization.