Vice President of People
Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $2 billion in SaaS purchases across 2,300+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 340+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
The Vendr culture is one where kindness, teamwork, mutual support, and bold initiative are encouraged. Read more about our values.
In June 2022, we raised $150M in Series B funding at a $1B valuation, co-led by Craft Ventures and SoftBank with return investments from Tiger Global, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $2 Billion+ in software spend
- Saved $304M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
This is an incredibly special opportunity to be a part of building and shaping the culture and future of one of Boston’s hottest growing companies! The Vice President of People at Vendr will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and will have overall responsibility for all aspects of the People team throughout the organization. Reporting to the COO/CFO, this people leadership role includes setting the People strategy and leading the People function across the company with a specific focus on building and shaping our high performing culture.
The Vice President of People will support management at every level of the organization and ensure the right resources and structures are in place to support key business initiatives. This role is a key strategic leader and partner to the business and will oversee all areas of the People team including organizational design, culture building, learning and development, talent management, benefits and compensation in alignment with our values of of ‘Kindness as a Service’, ‘Create Fair Playing Fields Everywhere', 'Pursue Truth' and 'V is for Velocity'.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach and consult with management in each department and the C-Suite to understand business needs and develop solutions to drive high performance.
- Lead and coach a high performing people team, including but not limited to DE&I, Total Rewards, People Operations and HR Business Partnering.
- Oversee the development and implementation of world class compensation and benefits programs that attract and retain our talented people.
- Partner with our executives and leaders to bring Vendr’s mission and vision to life through the design and execution of our People strategy and programming.
- Be a culture driver and champion that models our core values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Lead employee experience and listening strategies including the collection of data and analysis to to understand and cultivate high engagement across Vendr.
- Analyze turnover trends and develop retention programs in conjunction with management objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years of relevant People/HR Leadership experience required
- Experience as a Senior People Leader at a fast growing Tech company preferred
- Well-versed in using the latest HR tools and expertise in HR programs and policies
- Ability to think strategically and effectively translate data into actionable insights
- Ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates, and peers based on trust, candor, and respect
- A collaborative and result-oriented individual with a detailed oriented, partner-oriented, and solutions-driven mindset
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, leadership, conflict management and influencing skills; able to build strong relationships at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, supervisory, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with change management initiatives in prior roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- We’re rapidly growing, (2-3x growth YoY in ARR, 2x headcount growth YoY)
- We’re a disruptor, we’re changing the way saas is purchased and managed
- We have the right value proposition at this time, (we save companies time and money and help them grow efficiently)
- We’re a startup with durable growth, (25M+ ARR, 530+ active customers, financially backed with our recent Series B raise)
- We have great people and a strong culture, (check out our values here)
- Competitive pay & benefits **applicable to U.S. employees, ask our team for details on our International benefits**
- Medical, Dental, Vision with company paid premiums
- HSA contribution
- Flexible/unlimited PTO
- 12 paid company holidays in addition to PTO
- 4% 401k matching
- WFH stipend
- Education & wellness reimbursement
- All Mac environment
Vendr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. While we are interested in qualified applicants who are permanently eligible to work for any employer in the United States, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.