Chief People Officer
Hey! What’s up?
You looking for a job and you have 2+ years of executive leadership in HR?
Heck yeah! Come on in and make yourself at home! And don’t mind the dinosaurs in the lobby!
We’re Corporate Tools in Post Falls, Idaho and we’re hiring a Chief People Officer (CPO). We’ve spent more than decade building a company and culture that is weird, fun and dedicated to corporate compliance services. We know it doesn’t sound like those things would mesh, but we made it happen. How? The video below explains everything. (Seriously, watch the video. You’ll like it. It’s fun. And if you get an interview and you didn’t watch it and we ask you in the interview if you watched the video and you say, “no,” that’ll make things awkward. Please don’t be awkward. Watch the video, then keep reading below. Thanks.)
All right! You done watchinissening (that means watching and listening at the same time, which may be inferred by “watching,” but you’re kind of doing something more when watching a music video, so we’re calling it watchinissening, you dig)? Anyway, see? That was a fun five minutes and 22 seconds, right?
Wait! What? This isn’t all making sense?
All right. Fine. Macklemore might not be your cup of tea. But we’re fond of the video because part of it was shot in the alley behind our original office in Spokane and it reminds us of ourselves: so ridiculous, and yet so dedicated to its form, theme, and ultimately to itself, that it actually works.
That’s our culture in a nutshell, and we’re very protective of it. So protective, we might even attempt to create one of the world’s most over-the-top job postings as a vibe check to keep the fixed mindset rascals out and send a silent invitation to a special someone who’s climbed the corporate ladder and found it to be exactly like the stories said it would be: vacuous and without meaning.
Anyway, if we were to do something like that and you made it past the flamboyant exterior, you might then be asking questions like, “if you’ve been so successful at building a good company with a solid culture, why hire a Chief People Officer?” To that we’d probably say, good question.
Call us victims of our own success. What started small has now grown into a company of 700 people, rapidly on its way to 1000. And while we’ve been careful stewards of our culture, we need some expertise and experience in helping shape the infrastructure so we maintain our growth trajectory and don’t lose the good things we’ve made along the way.
In this role, you will partner across all departments and be responsible for developing world class people practices for a highly engaged, culturally aligned employee population that thrives on our growth and a people-first approach. Plus, you’ll sniff out, despise, cull and never implement unnecessary policies or processes to get in the way of our common-sense approach to decision making.
As the CPO, you’ll need to be on the cutting edge in developing and delivering ways to retain and recruit top talent for our teams from customer support to software engineers and from CPAs to our mail team. Our people are our MOST valuable asset and the CPO is integral in the success of our teams.
Up to $250,000/year depending on meeting preferred qualifications. We are a privately held company this is total compensation with no equity or bonus structure. Relocation package of $25,000 provided to Post Falls if needed.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Open concept office with friendly coworkers
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Harness the existing culture and guiding principles when building out internal people-related practices while devising new ways to reinforce and improve upon the culture
- Partner with the executive team on business strategy as it pertains to our people and advice on relevant compliance and employment law while introducing best practices to protect our people and the organization
- Develop HR strategic initiatives in coordination with the Executive team that support business strategies, and are reflective of our guiding principles and culture
- Be a catalyst for organizational transformation. Understand our industry and business model in order to make a clear link between company strategy and people strategy
- Ensure the company has superior programs for employee development, retention, and succession planning to aggressively build bench strength and ensure organizational effectiveness
- Ensure compensation and benefits packages are competitive and focus on performance
- Develop and drive programs that encourage diversity, equity and inclusion
- Promote a culture of high performance and continual learning
- Build on our existing “Work Wherever” program to become the best at working and embracing remote work for our employees and teams
- Lead our existing people operations teams and continue to build a team to develop and execute HR strategies
- Understand and embrace the balance between doing what makes sense for our people and protecting the organization
- 2+ years of executive level experience leading a team of HRBP, People Operations, Compensation, Employee Benefits, Recruiting and L&D
- 10+ years of relevant HR experience with progressive responsibilities
- Experience in high growth environment, as in a company that has doubled in size
- A deep understanding of US employment law and associated best practices
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with ability to develop a high degree of personal credibility at all levels of the organization
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive team leader who can positively and productively impact strategic and tactical initiatives
- Ability to make decisions in fast-paced environment
- Preferred Qualification: Previous experience as People Leader in Technology company
- Preferred Qualification: Knowledge and experience in international employment law
- Preferred Qualification: Previous experience working with employee base that consists of more than 50% remote workforce
Why you might like this job:
You’re tired of HR being the “necessary evil” within an organization and want to be on the forefront of reinventing the practice of people management. You subscribe to the methodology of “fail fast and learn faster” as the best way to find out if your ideas work. You’re passionate about advancing the people operations within an organization to be the best of the best and your growth mindset allows you to be challenged in how HR has traditionally been done.
Location: Post Falls, ID, United States
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Global Entity Management Software