People Operations Manager
At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Customers
- Our success comes from anticipating their needs and providing the solutions they’re looking for.
- Better is Better
- The path to great means getting better every day. We push ourselves, and each other, to remain curious and think differently.
- PhD in Moving Fast
- Our customers are tired of long wait times and large student loan bills so we constantly seek out ways to deliver faster.
- Passion for Challenges
- Perseverance and optimism are just the start to take on the inertia of a national trillion-dollar problem.
- Impact is a Team Sport
- We maximize our impact when we act as one team.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As the People Operations Manager, you will report to the Director, Internal Operations and:
- Own and refine pre-boarding processes including but not limited to: sending background check, ensuring the I-9 process is accurate and complete: schedule appointments with individual employees to verify and complete I-9s; organize I-9s and ensure compliance and other duties as assigned
- Own the offboarding process to ensure timely completion of all related task
- Own all SLAs and SOPs for internal operations as well as the People team.
- Contractor management: manage contractor end dates & is responsible for contractor termination compliance; execute the process to term, convert or extend contractors; provide reporting and tracking
- Own Workday transactions: complete transactional items in Workday; cross-train managers
Impact of this role:
- This person will be responsible for various aspects of our employee lifecycle from the day-to-day (e.g. onboarding and offboarding, employee policies, processes, and benefits) to the longer term of creating and maintaining detailed processes, procedures, SLAs, and SOPs for your work streams. This role will also have a heavy hand in reporting, analytics, and storytelling of our data.
Experiences you will bring with you:
- 5+ years relevant experience in people operations
- 3+ years experience pulling data, analyzing and interpreting data
- 3+ years HRIS experience, preferably with 1+ years experience in Workday
- Organized, strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to handle frequent change and have a flexible approach to changing priorities
- Able to perform manual, administrative tasks on an ongoing basis with consistency
- Create positive working relationships
- Positive mindset
- Able to complete work and projects with little guidance
- Self-motivated to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Comfortable working under deadlines
- Effective organizational and communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent data pulling, analyzing, and reporting skills
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
A little about our pay philosophy: We take pride in ensuring we are compensating our employees fairly and equitably. We are showcasing a range and actual starting pay may be based on several factors including but not limited to, market rate, the qualified pool of candidates, internal compensation, candidate location, and budgetary constraints. This number does not necessarily reflect your total compensation, but is a range for your base salary.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.