Founding People Business Partner
☎ Community Phone
Community Phone is a venture-backed, Y-Combinator graduate with a simple mission: make the phone more powerful.
It's easy to overlook the humble phone. At Community Phone, we're on a mission to change that. We believe that everyone deserves a phone service that's easy to use, reliable, and free of spam calls. That's why we're committed to delivering innovative solutions that make the phone more powerful and accessible to all.
We're thrilled to have grown our recurring revenue by over 400% in 2022 and expand our team from 17 people to 70+! Our customers now include big names like KFC, AT&T, General Motors, and dozens of state and local governments, as well as consumers across the US.
With the support of early investors in companies like Reddit, Dropbox, and Lyft, we're excited to continue our growth and bring our customer-centric culture to more people. Our team is passionate about creating happy customers, and we believe that they're the best salesforce on the planet.
💼 About the role
We are looking for our Founding People Business Partner to join our team. You will manage our employee life cycle, including onboarding, internal operations, and employee experience. You'll work closely with our founding recruiter and employee happiness lead. You will have a large impact on our organization from the ground up. Our ideal candidate is passionate about innovation and takes the initiative to ensure the health and growth of employees.
- Facilitate all People Operations Functions, such as onboarding/offboarding, benefit & compensation administration, visa-related requests, payroll, time off requests, and performance management
- Partner cross-functionally and work closely with executive leadership and employees
- Maintain Compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations
- Both Facilitate and Lead Employee Relations activities, including: performance evaluations, conducting internal audits, and disciplinary meetings
- Research and provide strategy on compensation and benefits
- Develop the budget and manage HR spend
🤩 You are...
- An Experienced Pro with 6+ years of Human Resources / People Operations experience
- Able to Thrive in Chaos and used to a high-growth tech company or start-up
- Systems Focused with experience: building, maintaining and presenting HR data analytics
- A Connector who has emotional and social intelligence with experience fostering positive, strong relationships across teams and around the globe
- Super Communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of professionalism
- Organized and Detail-Oriented you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
- Passionate About People and how they function together to create a valuable organization
💙 Community Phone Culture
Community Phone has a customer-obsessed culture. We are looking for team members who love our product and mission and see the remote first environment as a bonus.
Beyond the job description, here are some traits members of our team share:
We value Curiosity and learning in our employees. We promote open-mindedness, embrace mistakes, and encourage challenging questions for personal growth. We create a culture of continuous learning to empower our team to tackle challenges and excel in their roles.
Efficiency in everything. We operate lean, optimizing resources to improve our products and deliver a world-class customer experience. We prioritize value over excess, embodying a scrappy and resourceful spirit to achieve our mission and values.
We prioritize taking decisive action over deliberation, recognizing that building a world-class product requires pushing personal limits and taking risks. We believe that a Bias Toward Action is essential for achieving our goals and delivering exceptional results to our customers.
We strive for Transparency and prioritize open, Direct communication. This helps us resolve issues quickly and build strong relationships with our stakeholders.
We take our work seriously and see it as a reflection of who we are. We're always looking for ways to improve and are open to feedback. We approach our work with a sense of ownership and a desire to deliver the best possible results. By embodying a Founder Mindset, we're able to achieve our goals and create exceptional products.
We value a Caring Mentality. Our customers come first, and we collaborate to provide exceptional service. We prioritize teamwork over personal accolades, fostering a customer-focused culture that drives our success and promotes a supportive work environment.
Join our team and help us lead the market with delightful customer experiences and a supportive, collaborative work environment. If our values resonate with you, we would love to have you on board!
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Modern landline and wireless phone service that doesn’t require internet.