Head of People Operations
Passport is reinventing cross-border e-commerce logistics as the modern international shipping carrier of choice for eCommerce (customers include Bombas, Native, Ritual, Seed.com). By combining our proprietary asset light network along with technology and customer support, we ensure that consumers around the world receive their packages without the hassle and pain that is typically associated with international shipping.
We’re a growing, ambitious team looking to upend the trillion-dollar international parcel shipping industry through a world-class experience. At Passport, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest e-commerce merchants in the world and think strategically on how to add value to their international business. See this TechCrunch (https://tcrn.ch/2TKQ4eO) article to understand why brands love us.
What You'll Be Doing:
The People Operations Sr. Manager / Director will define, manage, and lead Passport Shipping’s People Strategy and Practices - providing an employee centered, inclusive and high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, productivity, goal attainment, as well as the recruitment and ongoing development of a best in class workforce. We’re looking for a “hands on'' leader who is able to build out infrastructure while executing day-to-day responsibilities. You bring a consultative mindset and utilize your business partner experience supporting organizational needs to ensure the proper implementation of People strategy and objectives.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will partner cross-functionally across the organization and work closely with Leadership and Management Teams. You’ll have significant organization and cultural impact by managing all recruiting and staffing, benefits, compensation, employee relations, performance management, succession planning, compliance, employee learning and development, and People systems for Passport Shipping.
We believe that people are the crux of our success here at Passport and we’re excited to keep nurturing our culture with you!
- Build, develop & manage the Passport Shipping’s People Team - currently consisting of 2 People Ops Coordinators in generalist roles
- Develop and implement People strategies, programs, processes and policies across the entire employee lifecycle that are aligned with the company’s growth objectives and values; Including, but not limited to, talent acquisition, hiring, onboarding, compensation, benefits, talent management, career development, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, employee relations, employee health and safety, and compliance.
- Serve as an intermediary between the Passport Shipping Leadership Team and employees on critical people issues and support management by providing People advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Establish operational excellence including leveraging technology and analytics towards creating strong People practices which complies with federal, state, and local compliance and regulations.
- Become a strategic business partner by providing thought leadership for overall business needs, challenges, and goals.
- Be the steward of Passport Shipping culture and values
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in People Operations, 2+ years leading teams
- Previous experience in early stage companies building out the People function
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to role model values, initiatives, and culture of the organization
- Ability to see the “big picture” without loss of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and ensure the organization is spending time on what’s most important
- Knowledge of labor law and best practices, as well as recent changes and trends in employment practices
What you'll get...
- Competitive cash and equity packages
- Healthcare, dental, and vision
- 401K & Company Match
- Bi-Annual Remote Work funds
- 100% remote work environment #LI-Remote
- Company issued laptop
- Flexible PTO
- Themed happy hours - bring on the Zoom comedians, pop-a-shot contests, and sip ‘n paints!
- Quarterly team (virtual) gatherings and annual all-company offsites in cities around North America
- Learning & Development Fund for upskilling or products to improve your day-to-day work life
- One-time remote work set-up stipend to make your at-home office dazzle
- Teammates around the world in 8 different time zones!
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.