Employee Relations Partner
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
Equality and employee experience are foundational to the People Team at Confluent. To continue to support our rapidly-scaling global team, we are seeking an Employee Relations Specialist to partner with our Americas leadership and People Business Partners (PBPs). The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of ER expertise and a consultative approach to help the organization resolve ER issues and mitigate risk. In this role, you will contribute by providing both hands-on and strategic support to Confluent’s people managers through performance management, investigations, and conflict resolution to cultivate an innovative, high-performing, and inclusive culture.
This role will work closely with Confluent’s People Business Partners and the Employment Legal team to promote equity, company values, and accountability in the workplace, and to respond appropriately, thoroughly, and fairly to employee concerns. We are looking for someone who has in-depth knowledge of human resources and employee relations policies, procedures, and best practices.
What You Will Do:
- Work in partnership with the Head of Employee Relations, People Operations
- Organization, and People Business Partners to further define and refine our ER engagement model
- Provide front-line Employee Relations support, thought partnership, and coaching to business leaders of all levels
- Proactively assess team and manager development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Independently conduct internal HR investigations, in collaboration with Legal as appropriate, identifying potential solutions to address different case types and propose appropriate next steps as the subject matter expert
- Provide rigorous data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs, highlighting key trends in employee relations to actively drive proactive solutions
- Help balance risk, taking into account employee, business, and company perspective
- Communicate investigation findings to People Business Partners, and managers
- Advise managers and People Business Partners on disciplinary procedures and separations, and collaborate with internal stakeholders to improve existing processes
- Partner with cross-functional team members on the creation and implementation of company-wide programs to help train, retain, and reward top talent
- Engage with internal and external legal counsel, where necessary, to mitigate risk
- Make decisions guided by policies, procedures, and best practices with minimal oversight
- Review and revise performance improvement plans
- Review and counsel the business on employee accommodation and leave requests
- Work in partnership with L&D on training efforts related to employee relations
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Human Resources experience, preferably in Employee Relations
- Experience working on a broad range of employee relations matters simultaneously, including performance management, investigations, disciplinary matters, and leave/accommodations concerns
- Experience advising leaders on employee relations concerns directly
- “Lead with empathy, speak with authority” - effective communication, persuasion, and influencing skills
- Ability to use best practices while still having a flexible and business-focused approach
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment and work autonomously
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
What Gives You an Edge:
- Multiple years of experience with building and implementing performance management approaches and systems
- Experience advising senior leadership levels on solutions to people concerns
- Experience solving complex people concerns and escalations
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
At Confluent, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including work history, education, professional experience, and location. This position has an annual estimated salary of 103,200 - 118,700 USD, an annual bonus, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Confluent offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about our benefits click HERE.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click HERE to review our Candidate Privacy Notice which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth
- Adjustable Working Arrangements
- Robust Benefits
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
Confluent is Remote-First
At Confluent, we care about how you work - not where. We encourage you to apply for positions outside of the listed job location or your immediate region.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.