Senior Human Resources Generalist
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles.
The People Team drives our values of being kind, smart and creative across Snap's global workforce. We work together to empower our teams to hire thoughtful and passionate innovators, help people do their best work, grow their careers and build healthy and productive workspaces in a safe, and cohesive community. Together, we are Talent, Total Rewards, IDEA, HR Tech, People Analytics, People Operations, People Services, Council, and Employee Relations.
We are looking for a Senior HR Generalist to join the People Team!
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary HR point of contact to team members and managers across multiple client groups and locations.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to activate team specific talent strategies and ensure employee and business needs are met.
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers, Recruitment Partners and HR Business Partners to activate headcount growth plans.
- Consult with managers on people matters that require knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation across multiple geographies, including performance management cases.
- Support employee relations investigation needs in partnership with HR Business Partners, Employee Relations and Employment Legal.
- Programmatically manage the efficient delivery of People team programs related to workforce planning, employee engagement, performance management, compensation and talent development while ensuring client partners are aligned.
- Builds and implements programming that develops managerial capability and positively impacts culture and team morale.
- Leverage people metrics to provide proactive, actionable and impactful talent insights that improve organizational effectiveness and health.
- Collaborate with HR Generalists, Talent Operations, People Tech and other cross-functional team members to develop, iterate and improve People team processes.
- Model and reinforce our cultural values of being smart, kind, and creative.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Influential professional who excels in the delivery of both strategic and operational human resources support.
- Experience supporting employee relations matters as well as the implementation of a talent strategy and culture building programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with, and communicate to, all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated track record of building trust across multiple partner groups through high judgment decision-making.
- Exceptional project management skills; ability to drive projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to independently prioritize workload; demonstrates initiative and manages multiple, competing priorities with attention to detail.
- Capable of balancing both the strategic and operational; can flex between a strategic approach and effective delivery and execution
- Proficiency in Mac and Google applications especially with Sheets, Slides, and Docs
- Has strong business and HR acumen; demonstration of consulting and problem diagnosis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both spoken and written English
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment; ability to learn and adapt to shifting priorities while demonstrating intellectual curiosity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- 1+ years experience supporting G&A or multi-faceted client groups.
- 1+ years experience working in a Tech company.
- Experience partnering closely with Recruitment in a high growth and highly matrixed environment.
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $140,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $95,000 - $133,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $85,000 - $119,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.