Senior People Ops Specialist
To Our Interested Applicants:
We’ve received several notifications of scams and fraud attempts recently of agencies or groups pretending to be members of our HR and recruiting teams.
If you receive any suspicious emails, please use the ‘contact us’ function on this site to let us know.
In general, please take note of the email address from which the message was sent to you. All official communication regarding hiring will come from Singularity 6. All other accounts should be treated as a scam attempt until confirmed by the S6 team.
Our open positions are currently listed on our careers page. When in doubt, apply directly to the role on our website. We do not ask for private information such as bank accounts, credit cards, or other accounts as part of our interview process.
Forge alternate worlds that deepen players' lives! We're a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
Our HR/People Ops Specialist will support our Senior People Ops Manager in a generalist capacity with in-depth knowledge of the assigned focus areas. Our mission is to forge alternate worlds that deepen players’ lives, fulfilling the gamer need for meaning, expression, and recognition. The philosophy also applies to our approach to employees. We are committed to creating a safe work environment with diversity and equity.
Core Focus Areas:
- Benefits, LOA, Employee Relations
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Administers day-to-day operation of the assigned Core Focus Areas.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Identifies employees and other stakeholders concerns and issues, determines the best course of action, and resolves any outstanding issues in a timely manner. Escalates issues in a timely fashion whenever needed.
- Keeps the operation aligned with the Studio’s mission and values while remaining in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Reviews the current procedures and suggests improvement plan.
- Keeps SOPs current in the assigned Core Focus Areas and internally communicates the changes as needed. Conducts cross-training sessions for team members if needed.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the discipline.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent: substitute 4 years of work experience in the HR field).
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience across HR functions.
- In-depth knowledge and experience within at least one of the Core Focus Areas.
- Champion the employee experience to promote an inclusive and collaborative work environment across the Studio.
- True team player with good communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, listening) and open to constructive feedback.
- Detail-oriented and big picture thinking at the same time.
- Mid- to large-size Payroll/HRIS experience.
Nice to Have:
- Passion or interest in games is helpful.
- Experience within tech and/or gaming, particularly with mid- to late-stage startups.
- High EQ and ability to connect with employees at all levels.
- Experience with UKG Pro and/or UltiPro.
- Experience of multi-state payroll.
The Los Angeles base salary range for this full-time position is $113,400 - $143,400. Base salary will be determined by role, level, and location. The range listed for each job is the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the positions across S6-approved states. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors. Please discuss your specific salary expectations for your preferred location during our interview process.
Compensation details reflect only the base salary, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits such as 401k matching.
- Choice of Remote (in approved states) or Hybrid office options in Los Angeles, CA, or Orange County, CA (office location pending) unless noted above
- Aligned to core Pacific Coast hours (10:00am - 4:00pm PT)
- Remote eligible locations: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k Matching, and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
- PC and Console Games
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as to have a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive and community experiences filled with amazing art and world-class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Singularity 6 is moving to remote-choice, giving the option to our team members to either work remotely in our supported states or work hybrid onsite in our offices for most of our roles. Remote work is approved in these locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MI, NV, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, and WA. Hybrid onsite work is available in Los Angeles, CA office, and our upcoming office in Orange County, CA. Some roles might have full onsite requirements. Prospective employees outside these locations are welcome to apply—offers will be contingent upon relocating to an approved state or province on or before Day One of employment. This policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
To all recruitment agencies: Singularity 6 does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our careers alias, or any Singularity 6 employee. Singularity 6 will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A game development studio dedicated to the idea that games can create deeper, more meaningful experiences.