Take your career to new heights with American Express Global Business Travel!
We're looking to add a Human Resources professional to our team. If you're passionate about travel, making connections, working with others, and providing a world class experience to our colleagues, you might be perfect for our team!
Our Global Human Resources team prides ourselves on authentic leadership, doing the right thing for our people around the world, and being kind to one another.
As an HR Generalist, you'll be a key part of our mission of Powering Progress Through Travel; researching, strategizing, and taking action to improve how our business operates, especially related to policies, procedures, and employment legislation. You'll get the inside scoop on multiple facets and functions of HR including our Business Partners, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management, and more.
Will consider hybrid working arrangement (virtual and work in business office, as needed). Our HQ office is located at 666 3rd Ave in NYC.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with HRBPs to identify problems or roadblocks, build solutions, and deliver results
- Advocate for colleagues and respond to their questions about HR matters and initiatives
- Provides strategic and technical support for sophisticated HR issues and activities, including departmental initiatives, programs, processes, and policies
- Employee relations: work with leaders and HRBPs to investigate and resolve issues
- Performance management: partner with leaders to provide guidance and support including coaching, counseling, and performance improvement actions
- Compensation planning: works with leadership team during annual planning to align colleague rewards to performance
- Payroll: collaborate with compensation experts to resolve colleague questions and issues Immigration:
- Coordinate the foreign national immigration visa process with internal and external paralegals
- Lead and/or participate in process improvement initiatives to enhance policies, procedures, and HR practices Build HR reports, presentations, and documentation for departments
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience in HR Experience and understanding of various HR Processes (recruitment, selection, compensation, talent management, employee relations and communications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, related field, or equivalent HR experience CHRP or other accredited certification preferred
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues of every level, speaking and writing about potentially sensitive employment subject matters
- Detailed understanding of employment law practices in the US & Canada
- Excited to learn about the latest regulations and trends in HR, and applying and presenting this knowledge
- Ability to identify trends and measure results, using data, professional insight, analytical, critical thinking, and strategic problem-solving skills
- Open-minded, excitement to try new tactics, and perseverance to see projects to completion International experience and working with remote teams and time zones is a plus
- As a leading global travel management company, we are uniquely positioned to champion and influence inclusive, accessible, and safe travel for all. Our diverse workforce, reflective of our client base, is our key to success.
What if I don’t meet every requirement? If you’re passionate about our mission and believe you’d be a phenomenal addition to our team, don’t worry about “checking every box;" please apply anyway. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!
United States - New York - Virtual Location
The US national annual base salary range for this position is from $50,000 to $100,000. The national range provided includes the base salary that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual base salary will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for an annual Performance Based Incentive, which rewards participants based on company performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Provide the world’s best customer experience every day.