Employee Communications Senior Specialist
About the team
The employee communications team drives internal communications within Zillow Group, and is passionate about advising, engaging, and inspiring employees to deliver on our company mission, strategies, priorities and values. This role will report to the Zillow Group senior manager of employee communications, working closely with corporate communications, leadership communications, public relations, human resources, and other lines of business communications leads.About the role
At Zillow, we’re on a mission to give people the power to unlock life’s next chapter. Our employees are getting the rare opportunity to shape the most significant moments of people’s lives - transforming how they buy, sell, finance and rent homes. The Zillow Group employee communications team is looking for a senior specialist to support employee communications.
This person will be responsible for executing company-wide and line of business-specific internal communications that enhance employee understanding and engagement of Zillow's mission, values and strategy. The successful candidate will work closely with communications colleagues and business leaders to develop first-rate internal communications.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $82,400.00 - $131,600.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.Who you are
- Handle company-wide internal communication channels including all-employee newsletter, intranet homepage and Slack channels. This includes maintaining editorial calendars, building content, publishing and reporting on metrics.
- Create content to improve employee awareness and understanding of company mission, strategy, priorities and results, such as news articles, blog posts, emails, talking points and presentations.
- Provide communications advice, counsel, coaching and support to senior leaders about employee communications.
- Facilitate meetings within the team and with cross-functional partners.
- Develop critical communications plans to aid in change management and ensure employees have a clear understanding of business and strategy decisions.
- Partner with the in-house editorial team to build employee videos, graphics, etc. for employees.
- Target base salary for this role is $90-95K.
- 3+ years of communications experience, with at least three years of employee communications experience, which must include internal communications content and channel support.
- Excellent writer, editor and storyteller who can quickly build a range of compelling content, including Slack posts, intranet stories, talking points, emails and presentations.
- Experience in the hands-on, day-to-day management of employee communication channels such as Slack, intranet and newsletters.
- Experience supporting senior leaders or specific lines of business is a plus.
- Demonstrates a strong bias for action, takes accountability for driving work forward and solving problems, and has sharp communications judgment and attention to detail.
- High levels of adaptability, willingness to jump in to help the team, curiosity and passion, with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Business Management.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
See what information we collect about you.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.