Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer
Location(s): Palo Alto, California, United States of America | Spring, TX, United States
Category: Human Resources
Job ID: 3112161
Values / Leadership Qualities / Character
Results-Driven: Must be able to drive an outcome. Able to balance strategic thinking and vision with strong ability to execute. Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Relationship Building: Instils trust and integrity through honesty and authenticity. Empathetic to the feelings and needs of other stakeholders.
Leadership: Acts as a role model. Demonstrates humility, and seeks new ways to grow and be challenged. Communicates a vision or core purpose to a team. Acts as a personal change agent while helping others adapt to change.
Leverages Diversity: Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
Growth Mindset: Talks beyond today. Talks about possibilities. Rallies support behind the vision. Resilient – remains optimistic and persistent. Recovers quickly from setbacks.
Executive Impact / Presence: Balanced influence through boldness, presence, credibility, collaboration, and strong communication skills.
- Develops strategies and policies to advance understanding and awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion issues throughout all aspects across the globe.
- Implements and advances diversity, equity and inclusion processes including the recruitment and retention of diverse talent while ensuring organizational consistency in applying diversity, equity, and inclusion with policies, practices, and services.
- Leads and manages global diversity programs, such as women in leadership development, underrepresented minority development programs, and activities to promote the global diversity culture of HP.
- Implements metrics for measuring the effectiveness of diversity initiatives and programs.
- Collaborates with internal and external audiences on diversity, equity and inclusion related topics, training, and trends.
- Stays abreast of current knowledge and materials related to laws, rules, regulations, and best practices for advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and translates such information into practice or policy updates and/or recommendations.
- Represents HP externally, helping to drive engagement with external relations and key partnerships with HP.
- Develops effective strategies to expand HP’s diversity population, such as identifying organizations who can refer diversified candidates to enhance hiring practices and learning opportunities for underrepresented groups.
- Works as a key partner with HP’s Commercial and Sustainability Impact organizations to help drive HP’s Sustainable Impact agenda, campaigns, and educational programming aligned to the diversity, equity and inclusion strategy.
- Serves as a senior collaboration partner and connector across strategic functions that align to diversity, equity and inclusion topics – investor relations, government relations, people, and marketing.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing global strategies that engage, promote, and support a more inclusive and equitable workplace on a holistic level.
- Demonstrated ability to build a strong team, motivate direct and indirect reports, and create and sustain an environment of teamwork while driving change and delivering exceptional results.
- Experience addressing issues of diversity and inclusion head-on to build an organizational culture that works for all stakeholders, ensuring everyone is sensitive to diversity, equity and inclusion goals and working to foster a welcoming environment.
- Setting strategic goals and metrics to deliver outcomes that track and follow through on diversity initiatives.
- Ability to foster trusted relationships with leaders and subject matter experts, previous experience consulting and advising senior leadership team on diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and outcomes.
- Demonstrated external leadership fostering and promoting diversity strategies with key partnership and organizations.
- Creativity, curiosity, and innovative thinking with a collaborative working style, across all levels and areas of responsibility.
Reporting to HP Inc.’s Chief People Officer, the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer will be HP’s leading advocate of actionable change with demonstrated deep expertise and experience in driving diversity initiatives on a global scale. This role leads the company’s global diversity and inclusion strategy as well as HP’s investments and programs driving positive global impact. This includes prioritizing cross-company and industrywide initiatives to achieve HP’s ambitious DEI goals.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Your application has been successfully submitted.