Senior People Operations Consultant
DevelopWell is a coaching and consulting practice for leaders and teams of all levels to develop the skills and mindset to achieve their full potential. We work with progressive organizations and companies doing cutting-edge mission-driven work towards making the world a better place. Some of our clients include SEIU, Teal Media, Women Donors Network, Rewiring America, and many more!
DevelopWell is a place where first time managers and Executive Directors can both find individual coaching. It’s where teams of 3 or 300 can experience meaningful and productive team building workshops. And where HR and Operations leads can find partnership in creating intentional structures and inclusive practices for their organization.
DevelopWell’s client base is growing rapidly and we are building an intentional team of people who are passionate about creating healthy workplaces with vibrant leaders. At DevelopWell, we reflect the values we are working to create in the world internally, and are striving to create a healthy, supportive, growth-oriented workplace. And we have a lot of fun doing it!
The Senior People Operations Consultant will report to DevelopWell’s Principal Consultant, Hilary Newland. The person in this role will serve as a lead consultant with our growing client list. In this role, you’ll help grow our client base, advise organizational leaders, develop foundational systems and initiatives for teams, and facilitate implementation and operationalization.
The perfect person for this job is an experienced HR professional and project manager who is deeply committed to establishing equitable, inclusive, people focused management and leadership practices in mission-driven organizations and companies. As a Senior Consultant, you’ll understand and anticipate client needs, and approach all aspects of your projects and engagements with an analytical and innovative approach. You’ll skillfully move from a 30,000 foot view into the weeds of projects seamlessly and intentionally, with a focus on creating polished, values-based systems and structures that produce real-world results. And you'll play a critical role of retaining and growing existing client accounts while helping secure new accounts to support DevelopWell's growth and impact.
A TYPICAL DAY
The work of a consultant requires a lot of context switching, excellent project management skills, and the ability to prioritize and pivot as things shift and change. On a typical day, you will participate in internal client prep meetings, lead external coordination meetings with a variety of clients, use workblocks to create client deliverables, and coordinate with the team throughout the day to move projects forward.
Client Service - 45%
- Serve as the project lead or project manager for a variety of clients.
- Build and maintain functional and strong working relationships with clients.
- Manage and meet goals of clients engagements.
- Triage inquiries, questions and issues that come up from clients.
- Advise and execute on HR and People-operations issues and projects.
- Maintain awareness of best practices in HR and people-operations space.
Project Management - 40%
- Lead or support regular check-ins with clients and cross-functional internal teams.
- Organize and provide regular updates and communications with project teams.
- Manage internal project management tools (client documentation, Monday.com, etc)
- Look for ways to improve our internal tools, systems, and processes to increase efficiency and impact.
- Maintain awareness on best practices in client and project management.
Internal Operations - 15%
- Support the training and onboarding of Consulting Coordinators
- Offer informed and thoughtful feedback to team members on their work, including helping to navigate client relationships, problem solving, and challenges.
- Look for opportunities to improve client services, using data and feedback from clients to improve our work.
- Foster a culture of leadership and growth within the team.
- Participate in DevelopWell culture and learning by leading and/or participating learning sessions and sharing resources that support the team at large.
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR THIS ROLE
- A minimum of 6+ years experience in HR or a related field
- Experience leading HR and organizational development projects or initiatives
- Experience in employee lifecycle management, talent recruitment & development, learning & development, people operations and organizational development
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation, specifically in a virtual environment
- Expert project manager with a high-level of attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to growing your capacity and the capacity of DW to integrate anti-racism/ anti-oppression in our work
WE HOPE YOU BRING ONE (OR MORE) OF THESE BONUS SKILLS
- Facilitation of workshops, trainings, or retreats
- Experience managing teams or organizations
- Coaching experience or certification
- Experience leading anti-racism/ anti-oppression work within organizations or as a consultant
WORKING AT DEVELOPWELL
- 32 hour work week
- Flexible work location including a budget to set up your home office.
- This remote position requires consistent phone and internet access at your home office location.
- The position will not require travel until it is widely safe to do so. At that time, this position may require up to 15% travel.
- Join a growing team that is building a healthy and equitable workplace!
- We are not currently offering U.S. visa sponsorship for this role.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
- Salary range for this position is $90-115k
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO including paid holidays and end of year office closure
- Monthly stipend towards phone and internet expenses
- 401K with a 4% company match that is fully vested upon enrollment
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
- How to apply: Submit your resume and responses to our application questions. Click the “Apply” button below to begin your application.
- Application deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until fiilled
- Target start date: April 2023
- Interview process: Qualified applicants will participate in a series of interviews via Zoom. There will be 2-3 rounds of interviews and one 1-hour hiring exercise.
- Accommodation: If you require accommodations during the interview process or hiring exercise, please contact us with your request.
If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you believe you would shine in this role, we want to hear from you! Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job.
Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, women and femmes, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted people are highly encouraged to apply.
DevelopWell is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. DevelopWell hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Developing fulfilled leaders and effective teams.