People Services Coordinator
Who we are: CCOF advances organic agriculture for a healthy world. We advocate on behalf of our members for organic policies, support the growth of organic through education and grants, and provide organic certification that is personal and accessible.
CCOF is a nonprofit organization governed by the people who grow and make our food. Founded in California 50 years ago, our roots now span the breadth of North America, and our presence is internationally recognized. We are supported by an organic family of farmers, ranchers, processors, retailers, consumers, and policymakers. Together, we work to realize a future where organic is the norm.
The People Services Coordinator runs the daily functions of the People Services department in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, benefits, training, performance management and legal compliance.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the People Services General Manager. This is a remote position.
• Administers the People Services onboarding for all new hires.
• Implements and administers recruitment processes to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Provides support to the People Services General Manager as it relates to special projects.
• Partners with the People Services General Manager to ensure People Services policies and handbooks are updated as needed. Specific Duties
• Conducts or assists with new hire orientations and provides labor law notices to new hires.
• Partners with the People Services Assistant with recruitment, interviews, and coordinates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies.
• Tracks mandatory and non-mandatory staff training, continuing education and work assessments.
• Reviews employee performance reviews ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
• Provides guidance to employees and management on People Services policies and procedures referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate People Services staff.
• Interprets policies and procedures and investigates moderately complex issues obtaining information from higher-level People Services staff and/or referring as appropriate.
• Assists in investigating and providing recommendations regarding policy/legal violations.
• Assists with open enrollment process.
• Assists the People Services Benefits Manager with leaves of absence, workers’ compensation, and benefits administration.
• Supports the People Services General Manager with required federal and state reports – BLR, ACA, EEOC and other government compliance reporting.
• Manages process to ensure all employment law posters are posted and/or sent to employees.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resources programs including but not limited to compensation, disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; training, and organizational development.
• 3+ years of Human Resources experience handling a variety of human resources-related issues with strong level of sensibility, people-centered approach, critical thinking, and strong knowledge in employee relations, compliance, recruitment, and onboarding.
• Highly organized, motivated and detail oriented. Able to juggle competing demands and prioritize without sacrificing quality. Plans to make deadlines. Asks for help when needed. Notices and fixes errors that others might overlook. Acknowledges mistakes and turns them into learning opportunities. Has a track record of leaving things better than they found them.
• Communicates effectively (written and oral). Ability to write clearly, tailor messages to various audiences and make the implicit explicit. Ability to listen clearly and critically to have objective discussions with team members and employees, as well as understanding other people’s point of view. Able to hear, reflect, act on, and learn from feedback.
• Team player who actively contributes to People Services group to complete tasks, meet goals, or manage projects. Actively listen to coworkers, respect ideas, and aim to improve processes at hand. Understands that their team’s success is their own success, and they share responsibility when their team experiences difficulties along the way.
• Flexibility, willingness to learn and identify creative solutions. Adapts successfully to changing situations.
• Experience with HRIS systems
• Knowledge of Paycom a plus
• Background in HR operations including benefits and leaves of absence, and project management with a passion for service and creating processes that best serve the business and the employees.
• Knowledge of federal, multi-state, and local employment laws and ability to research and maintain employment law updates.
• Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and the Microsoft suite of platforms.
Physical and Travel Requirements:
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Travel required 1-2 times per year to CCOF Home Office in California. If the employee is located 20 miles or less from CCOF Home Office, travel requirements could be once a month.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation: CCOF takes pride in offering competitive pay and benefits such as superb health plans, 401(k) program, and generous sick/personal and vacation time. The People Service Coordinator’s starting salary range will be $62,790 – $65,000 and will depend on qualifications and experience.
Hiring Process: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants, please submit the following documents to email@example.com with People Services Coordinator in the subject line:
• Cover letter summarizing your interest in CCOF and the position, and qualifications
• Current resume
• List of three professional references
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
CCOF is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Inclusivity is a core value at CCOF. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work and learning environments for all employees. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. Thank you for your interest in this position!
Your application has been successfully submitted.