People & Culture Manager
Description & Requirements
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Partnering, you will act as a credible business-oriented solution provider and trusted partner. Developing collaborative plans that drive the talent agenda and have downstream impact within the organization. Operate day to day as part of the business leadership team and take responsibility for driving and owning business outcomes. Deliver generalist support to our retail business for country/region including, counsel and guidance in talent management, employee relations, change management.
day in the life
- Leverage deep business understanding to Identify issues, diagnose root causes, provide insights, offer recommendations and develop proactive solutions to solve pressing business objectives through talent lens, such as productivity, engagement, skill development, attraction and retention & recognition.
- Apply strong analytical skills and attention to detail to understand complex problems and root causes, leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to develop insights, guide decisions, and formulate solutions
- Leverage CoE talent frameworks to develop proactive talent management solutions succession planning, and performance management that allows leaders an easy way to align people and work to achieve business outcomes
- Monitor core cultural metrics and indicators to ensure core behaviours and mindsets are embodied and actively fostered by leaders and the [Senior] P&C Partners to create an inclusive and thriving environment.
- Advise leaders on potential organization design and opportunities and impacts associated with organizational changes
- Provide insights and feedback to CoEs, represent voice of the business to P&C and voice of P&C to the business.
- Act as the key business and PC intermediary, translating business strategy to inform P&C and P&C strategy to inform the business (including OTH and WFP activities)
- Ensure People & Culture (P&C) services are effectively meeting the needs of the organization
- In partnership with other P&C managers, develop and implement employee advisory and consulting practices, with emphasis on addressing all aspects of the employment relationship and terms of employment and developing standard operating procedures, practices and tools
- Ensure compliance with internal human resource policies and practices, and with relevant labor and employment legislation
- Partner with Compensation team to manage total rewards cycles, including annual merit reviews, bonus program, promotions, and out of cycle requests
- Collaborate with Recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building talent pipeline against business needs including local MOA and retail sourcing, interviews and offers.
- Support Managers through coaching performance management and improvement in order to assist in the creation/follow up of action plans around improving employee’s performance.
- Provide coaching and advice on career development, recruitment practices, succession planning, compensation and performance management, diversity & inclusion and other human resource practices.
- Influence and coach leaders on key P&C and business issues as well as how to attract, select, develop, manage, and retain the best talent to drive results
- Focus on business specific people challenges and navigate the healthy tension/balance between business objectives and roles of the CoEs (which push a more standardized Co-wide agenda).
- Drive the right level of localization of program, policy and process application, achieving the delicate balance between business needs and enterprise efficiency
- In partnership with people practices, ensure compliance for all corporate policies & procedures, all federal & provincial laws and corporate P&C related matters are proactively researched and managed.
- As required in partnership with people practices, lead and conduct investigations regarding violations of our company’s standards of conduct etc.
- Support open to hire (operational workforce planning) and support hiring managers' to determine resourcing needs and develop necessary information to support job levelling to prepare for hiring.
- Partner with Talent acquisition and FP&A
- Partner with H&W team to determine level of the position and applicable salary range. o Communicate job levelling outcomes and facilitate escalations as required with the H&W team.
- 5-8 years’ experience in People & Culture Business Partner/Generalist experience
- Coaching – experience coaching and developing team capabilities; trusted partner with skills to support leaders to lead from clarity, including multi-unit leaders at various levels of the organization, ideally Director+
- Strong knowledge of employment law and ability to apply to a variety of situations
- Business acumen – understand business drivers and creates opportunities to connect with business directly to learn about its needs and perspectives and seen as credible functional expert
- Relationship building - builds personal relationships of trust and can be relied on to do what is promised
- Consulting & collaboration – skilled at consulting with wide variety of partner types and navigating unchartered territory
- Project management – stakeholder engagement and program execution and change management
- Leadership development – leadership coach and trusted advisor
- Agenda Shaping & influence - proactively shapes the ideas and agendas of stakeholders and credible activism/advocacy
- Two-way advocacy – ability to stand in resistance when required
- Data analysis – can leverage quantitative and qualitative data to enable informed decision making
- Must be based out of and have flexility to travel to retail stores in the South East region of the USA
- Experience supporting multi-unit considered an asset
- Experience supporting retail a strong asset
- This role is based out of Arizona or Texas
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
Location: Arizona or Texas, United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
our products create transformational experiences for people to live happy, healthy, fun lives