Senior Manager, People Operations
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is seeking a dynamic Sr. Manager, People Operations, reporting into the VP, People and Talent Acquisition who will partner across the company to manage a variety of HR needs.
The successful candidate is an HR generalist, looking to develop their career across internal and external stakeholders, whilst developing People programs, policies and processes at an innovative and accelerated pace. As an employee advocate, you will also be tasked with ensuring that our values and culture will scale with the team through employee engagement initiatives, benefits, and perks, to make Ethos a leading place to work
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand how a competent People organization functions across compliance, benefits, analytics and policy needs
- Hyper organized, with the ability to think and act at a systematic level - apply concepts and theory to real business issues to address short and long term realities
- Hands on HR Business Partner and Employee Relations lead, with integrity and high level of EQ
- Oversee HRIS databases and lead vendor management
- Be an ambassador overseeing and continuously improving the entire employee journey including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, avenues of ER, feedback (1-1’s, 360 reviews, performance reviews), career ladders
- Manage inclusion and diversity, and thought partner on employee community engagement initiatives
- Oversee performance evaluation and management processes and systems
- Partner on initiatives for new and tenured employee needs across domestic, international and hybrid work setups
- Collaborate with the business to develop and implement training programs
- Lead and assist on special projects
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years experience HR generalist experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Experience with leading HR information system tools
- Experience performing HR related financial and analytical analysis
- Passionate about building relationships and connecting with others
- Solid understanding of US employment laws
- Experience in venture backed startup environment; comfortable with resource constraints and willing to do more with less
- Track record of integrity, discretion, and ethical behavior
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable presenting, creating and delivering on dynamic, impactful content
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000 - $190,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include applicable bonus, equity, or benefits.
You can find further details of our US benefits at https://www.ethoslife.com/careers/
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
life insurance made easy