SVP of People
Hanna Andersson is a Portland, Oregon-based premier children’s lifestyle brand. At Hanna, our mission is to outfit the adventure of childhood, which is influenced by the Swedish expression, "den röda tråden" which means "the red thread"—the throughline that ties everything together and gives it meaning. This means that we create clothing with happy designs and Hanna-me-down quality that embraces the Scandinavian principles of sustainability, intentional design, and childhood independence.
We cultivate our unique brand by hiring team members who own a customer service mindset, and who are innovative, results-oriented, and comfortable working in a collaborative and growth-driven work environment. We all share in our brand’s success, and we actively encourage our team members to maintain a healthy balance in their daily lives.
Ideally based in Portland or the West Coast, the SVP of People will act as a key member of the senior leadership team and oversee the overall strategic direction of the People & Talent function at Hanna Andersson. This individual will build and lead all People operations for the company, including onboarding, training and development, compensation analysis, benefits, organizational planning, organizational engagement, DEI efforts, Talent/Recruiting and culture. This role means wearing many different hats and requires an experienced leader who is ready to sit on Hanna Andersson’s senior leadership team and take on the exciting challenge of building out a critical function within a fast-paced, people-centric, high-growth business.
The leader will be, with the support of the senior leadership team, the driving force behind Hanna Andersson’s employee experience. They will have a passion for building high performing teams while facilitating environments that allow people to do their best work. The SVP will be an instrumental business partner in the continued growth of Hanna Andersson through the creation and execution of thoughtful and agile people-focused strategies and initiatives to ensure that Hanna Andersson is attracting, developing and retaining high-quality talent to fuel the expansion of the brand.
They will build a strong foundation for the People function inclusive of an effective People team, system and processes, and will work cross-functionally, with stakeholders throughout the company to provide thought partnership and support the growth of all functions. This is an entrepreneurial role in an entrepreneurial organization. The ideal candidate will combine strategic vision and depth of experience with an ability to execute well in a fast-paced, high-growth business. The SVP of People will report to the CEO, Aimée Lapic.
- Strategic Leadership: Partner with the executive team to drive strategic planning for the People function and partner with department leaders to support the overall People strategy across the company. Provide ongoing thought leadership and coaching to leaders. Leverage best in class KPIs and communicate progress to key stakeholders as needed
- Organizational Planning: Lead the efforts around long-term people planning to fuel the growth of the business. Partner directly with the senior leadership team to understand business goals and partner with department heads to develop and meet organizational objectives and KPIs
- Onboarding, Training and Retention: Develop 360-degree plans for the onboarding, training and engagement of employees, with satisfaction and retention at the core of every decision. Continue to evolve the company-wide performance management programs to support feedback loops, competency development, goal setting and career pathing
- Build a Best-in-Class People Function: Lead the charge in building a best-in-class People team to support the continued growth of the business. This will be a team of enthusiastic professionals who are passionate about building great teams and culture
- Engagement and Culture: Be the driving force behind Hanna Andersson’s culture and develop creative solutions to amplify employee engagement, DEI efforts and overall company morale with the goal of making the Hanna Andersson an employer of choice. Measure success through engagement surveys, employee satisfaction, retention, ENPS, etc.
- Process Implementation, Foundation Building and Compliance: Design, implement and optimize systems and processes to support all People objectives while communicating, delivering, and refining all initiatives as they relate to People and Culture. Own employee relations and compliance, and ensure Hanna Andersson is up to date on best practices and employment law. Ensure Hanna Andersson leverages the best technology across the HR spectrum to drive efficiency throughout the function
Benefits & Perks:
Hanna Andersson believes that health, wellness, and security should be shared by everyone. Thus, we offer the following benefits and perks for our team members:
- Medical/dental/vision with HSA & Healthcare FSA
- Generous time off policy of 120 hours at hire, 4 days of paid time off for volunteering, and 8 regular paid holidays plus 3 floating holidays
- Remote flexibility
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Short/long term disability
- Merch discount
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
giving families pure cotton softness since 1983.