People Operations Coordinator
WE ARE VERITONE
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at: www.veritone.com / www.veritoneone.com
WHAT YOU’LL DO
It’s pretty simple, our people are critical to Veritone’s success, therefore, the People Operations team is tasked with providing exemplary support and partnership for employees at all levels throughout the organization. This role provides employees with a “go to” individual who can help answer any and all questions as well as provide administrative support to the People team. Automation and AI is at the heart of what we do, and the right candidate will bring a passion for challenging the status quo, creating efficiencies and finding new ways to automate our People “Triple P”; Processes, practices and policies.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Employee Life Cycle
- Support the employee life cycle by owning processes and practices around onboarding, employee changes, offboarding and more through our HCM system (Workday)
- Conduct I-9 verifications and audits
- Manage onboarding and offboarding experiences for employees
- Own creation and maintenance of electronic employee files
- Facilitate employee gifts processing and shipments
- Partner in management of People Products such as; Reward & Recognition, People Engagement, People Development, People Champion, and more!
Data Integrity & Accuracy
- Own all data entry related to the employe life cycle in our HCM system
- Ensure data accuracy by conducting data audits
- Provide payroll with employee changes prior to each payroll cycle
- Review all People related documentation pertaining to onboarding, offboarding, employee changes, and more, and update where necessary
- Continuously strive to create automation and efficiencies within the People Coordinator role
- Facilitate, rollout, and report on new hire, exiting, and general employee engagement surveys
- Effectively communicate with employees at all levels within the organization
- Draft announcements on behalf of the People Operations team, including weekly all-hands and more
- Develop trusting relationship with employees and assist in all inquiries, bringing in the subject matter expert where needed
- Partner with Payroll on all employee changes to include, but not limited to; new hires, employee changes, and terminations
- Partner with our internal Veritone Communities on monthly engagement weeks and related updates
- Partner with IT on any and all employee related changes and equipment, including onboarding and offboarding
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a Human Resources Coordinator, Intern or Assistant
- Must be local to Orange County, CA - Hybrid work schedule. The Veritone Corporate Office is located in Irvine, CA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of human resources principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and related software
- Ability to quickly learn payroll systems, human resource management (HCM) systems and similar applications
- Ability to manage workflow and tasks amid shifting priorities
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently when needed
- Demonstrate professional integrity with confidential information
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo by being constantly curious - leading to recommendations on new processes, approaches and ways of working
- Strong Excel skills with the knowledge of formulas, pivot tables and more
- Detail-oriented with solid math skills and a high level of accuracy
BONUS POINTS IF...
- 2+ years of related human resources experience
- Certified HR professional with a PHR or SHRM-CP credential
- Exceptional Excel skills with advanced knowledge of formulas
- Strong analytical, creative and innovative approach to problem solving
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity Grant(s)
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
(State Disclosure*): Minimum annual salary of $50,000. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado and/or New York State.
Location: Irvine, CA, United States (hybrid)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Veritone #aiWARE, the world’s first OS for #AI, uncovers insights from massive amounts of data across many cognitive capabilities at scale, in near re...