Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. At Webflow, we’re on a mission to enable everyone to create for the web — and empower our team to lead fulfilling, impactful lives while we do it. We’re looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to help us empower managers to do their best work by providing coaching, learning, and development opportunities.
About the role:
- Location: ON/BC, Canada or US-remote
- Full Time
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $137,000 - $188,000 for most US locations and $152,000 - $209,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
As a Senior Manager, People Business Partner, Sales you’ll:
- Partner with approx. 30 of our People Managers and their teams across Sales, Marketing and Customer Support across North America, APAC, and EMEA
- Coach managers on leadership skills, providing supportive feedback for development
- Consult with managers on organizational design
- Partner with and support business leaders in creating and executing against goals and OKRs
- Guide managers through the resolution of performance concerns
- Create a feedback loop for the People Department,
- Keep teams apprised of policies, guidelines, and processes, providing ad-hoc enablement when necessary.
- Align people programs and initiatives to business goals and outcomes
- Manage and develop GTM business partner - as well as potential additional GTM business partners
- Collaborate with peers, departmental, and functional leads to develop or evolve people programs, acting as program or project lead
- Provide insight and support for the programs, systems, and education initiatives of other Business Partners and People & Org. Development team roles (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Lifecycle processes, Total Rewards) while also leading specific initiatives with teams supported (e.g. Sales onboarding).
- Conduct processes and facilitate conversations with Team Members during key lifecycle events such as investigations, ADA requests, terminations, performance improvement plans, role changes, manager changes, development plan building, etc.
- Advise cross functional team members to support them with difficult situations, navigating feedback or compliance matters to expedite growth and confidence.
- Recommend and provide expert labor law perspective and partner with various teams to carry out programs that meet the needs of our scaling business (e.g. Canada and global expansion).
- Partner with the legal team to navigate in depth compliance and policy development as we expand globally.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience coaching managers and leading performance management initiatives.
- Experience supporting Field/Enterprise Sales ecosystems, including incentive compensation, field segmentation & org design.
- Possess a strong foundation in employment law, and have familiarity with globally distributed team dynamics, and can discern when a team member or manager request or complaint triggers a compliance-related process or escalation.
- Experience supporting a Global contingent workforce as well as staying up-to-date on US and Canadian labor laws.
- Default to empathy and first seek to understand the experiences of others before employing influence skills to solving problems.
- Are comfortable delivering candor with care to your team and senior leaders.
- Have experience designing new programs and policies in a compliant, progressive, and empowering way.
- Can confront difficult situations with a balance of relentless persistence and commitment to kindness (this job is tough).
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success -- so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful leader and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
the modern way to build for the web