Manager, Talent Management and Development
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a place to belong and grow. As the Talent Management & Development Manager you will have the opportunity to enable the rapid growth of the organization and continue to invest in the development of the G2 team through the G2 Vision and Values. You will partner with leaders across the Employee Success team, to create, manage and maintain best-in-class talent management and development experiences.
Working under the leadership of the Director of Employee Experience, the Talent Management and Development Manager will serve in a highly visible role, applying an in-depth, consultative approach with key business leaders and the Employee Success team to lead talent management and learning priorities. This role is responsible for managing performance management lifecycle - goal setting, performance reviews / assessments, and continuous feedback using data and analytics to continuously monitor effectiveness and improve the process. Additionally, the Talent Management and Development Manager will play a critical role in furthering G2’s commitment to building strong leaders and high-performance teams through best-in-class learning and development strategies and programs.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead Talent Management - Partner closely with the business while leading the design, development and implementation of talent management strategies, programs, and solutions
- Lead the performance management (goal setting, bi-annual review process, calibration, succession planning) lifecycle and identify areas for improvement
- Work with Employee Success Business Partners (ESBPs) to design and deliver performance and talent learning solutions to leaders
- Develop and communicate the strategic vision, priorities, processes, systems and tools for the performance management cycle with the business
- Direct exposure to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT): use data (and set up new data intake processes) to socialize, get feedback and gain buy-in from SLT on critical issues concerning the performance management process; make recommendations to SLT on key decisions points regarding this process
- Collaborate with the performance management tool vendor team (Lattice) to iterate on tools and templates
- Lead Talent Development - Partner with the business to identify learning and development needs and develop strategies and curriculum to elevate G2’s leaders and teams
- Work closely with leaders across the Employee Success team to create, source, lead and manage a number of internal learning and development programs (e.g. leadership programs, performance management, HR compliance)
- Identify and develop an overall approach to the leadership development, including course/program content, communications, facilitation, coordination, participant identification, and coordination with the business aligned with G2’s business goals and objectives.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team on any training and development initiatives related to new hires
- Develop, execute, and maintain G2 talent development curriculums, and identify areas for improvement
- Deliver engaging and dynamic training and development sessions, both in-person and virtually
- Partner with stakeholders and cross-functional leaders, building trusting relationships with team members across the org, to support all employee development with an overall goal of improving team member performance and retention
- Manage L&D curriculums, course completion/program adherence and other necessary reporting in Learning Management System (currently using Lessonly)
- Conduct needs assessments to determine skill gaps
- Create metrics and collect data to measure training effectiveness
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 7+ years experience in curriculum design, development, and delivery, as well as in performance management lifecycle design and execution
- Specialized knowledge and skills in performance management methodologies and processes
- Experience building blended learning training programs, both in-person and virtually using instructional design and adult learning principles
- Proficiency in creating training collateral, including creating basic graphics, one-pagers, whitepapers, checklists, and courses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Ability to leverage data to measure training effectiveness and drive improvements
- Experience in a fast-paced and/or technology space environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite or Microsoft Office Suite
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- Ability to think, plan, and execute strategically and with agility
- Certification in instructional design
- Experience working in the technology industry or advising technology companies as a consultant
- Specialized experience in managing performance evaluation processes and calibrations
- Proficiency with learning management systems/performance management systems and similar software, specifically Lessonly or Lattice.
- Proven experience using technology to support planning, execution, and project management
- Experience with data analytics
- Familiarity with e-learning software platforms (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia)
- Cross cultural training and development experience
- Knowledge, awareness of and commitment to initiatives supporting DEI
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where you go for software.