Chief People Officer
Job Ref: 73350
Category: Human Resources
Department: HR OPERATIONS
Location: 50 Water Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $270,000.00
Salary Range: $270,000.00 - $300,000.00
Empower. Unite. Care.
MetroPlusHealth is committed to empowering New Yorkers by uniting communities through care. We believe that Health care is a right, not a privilege. If you have compassion and a collaborative spirit, work with us. You can come to work being proud of what you do every day.
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlusHealth provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlusHealth’s network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlusHealth has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Chief People Officer is a strategic leader who is responsible for reimagining MetroPlusHealth’s people function, culture, structure, and policies. They will play a key role in developing and implementing best practices and strategies that advance MetroplusHealth’s efforts to be a high-performance organization that is fueled by a skilled, engaged and diverse workforce and inclusive culture.
The Chief People Officer will serve as a thought partner to the CEO and will work in close partnership with the executive team, Human Resources Teams, and staff located across New York City to develop and implement a people-centric vision as an organization that attracts essential talent, ensures people are highly engaged in the mission, work and culture of the organization.
The Chief People Officer for MetroPlusHealth is a member of the executive leadership team, and is responsible for providing leadership and advisory services with regards to leadership, coaching, employee engagement and relations, talent acquisition, development and retention, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, organizational and performance management, training and development, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Developing and implementing a human resources plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will service the full range of MetroPlusHealth’s HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
- Developing and implementing best in class human capital leadership and effective practices for recruiting, training, development and performance management practices with a focus on learning and development.
- Serving as a leader across the organization, driving innovation and change, setting goals, communicating key messages and embodying core values.
- Gaining an understanding of the organization and participating fully in all strategic deliberations. Acting as a strategic partner to all members of the senior leadership team, especially the CEO and the Executive team, to provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
- Creating a collaborative, inclusive culture that reflects organizational values, attracts top talent, and advances engagement, effectiveness, and innovation.
- Developing relationships with all levels of the organization and becoming someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues.
- Works directly with Chief Executive Officer and management teams to lead, manage, influence and shape organizational change.
- Proactively managing resource allocation and maintaining a competitive approach to recruiting and retaining high-potential talent.
- Developing a comprehensive approach to employee engagement and culture by refining compensation and benefits, career paths and development, succession planning, and learning opportunities.
- Executive oversight of comprehensive Human Resources functions.
- Responsible for creating HR metric to measure success of people functions including, but not limited to, engagement, retention, development, training, recruitment, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring executive team and colleagues to create leadership bench strength capable of addressing challenges of a highly dynamic organization.
- Creates strategic employee engagement initiatives.
- Manages budget: OTPS and PS resources; identifies new needs and alignment with the business goals.
- Ensures the business remains in compliance with NYCH&H Policies, rule and all related regulatory agency requirements.
- Works collaboratively with primary stakeholders to develop and implement best practice guidelines and protocols; maintains and shares key metrics that will be used to continually drive improvement.
- Collaborates and coordinates operations with H+H Corporate Office Human Resources Division, Legal Affairs, Labor Relations, Affirmative Action / EEO, Corporate Payroll Systems, and facility Occupational Health Services Departments; functions with HR shared services model (e.g. Benefits, Leaves Administration, Compensation, HRSS Call Center etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in areas of human resources, training, compensation and benefits administration, with at least 5 of those years in a similar senior or executive leadership role, in a healthcare related setting
- Advanced Degree (Masters or JD) in related field
- Experience in building a strong, highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Knowledge of employment and labor law (including, collective bargaining, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, etc.)
- Extensive experience in talent management and development, employee relations and engagement, DEI, and performance management
- Understanding of HR metric/data
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Business Acumen
- Emotional Intelligence
- Change Management
- Executive Decorum
- Financial and Generational Savvy
- Strategic Vision
- Problem Solving
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ranked #1 Health Plan by New York State.