People Operations Manager
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap is seeking a People Operations (POps Manager) to help lead our People Operations team. This individual will be joining as a leader of our larger People Experience (PX) Team. The POPs Manager will oversee our Human Resource Management System (HRMS), oversee our benefits, manage compliance across all of our hiring states and create a generally seamless experience for our Teamsnappers.
This role will directly report to the SVP of People Experience with cross-functional stakeholders including finance, People Partners, Talent Acquisition and IT.
What You'll Do:
- As the People Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team that oversees the following:
- People Leadership:
- Manages the team that oversees all People Operations (POPs) including HRM management, leave administration, benefits selection and administration, and internal communications.
- Develops your people team into strong leaders with a customer service mindset
- Is a champion of our values for both your internal team, as well as for the entire company
- Uses data to drive informed decision-making for the people operations department
- HR Systems:
- Leads the selection, implementation and training of our HRMS software
- Maintaining our internal employee data (onboarding, offboarding, payroll updates, reporting)
- Handles all employment documentation & stores within our company repository
- Work with the team to ensure employee compliance (I-9 verification, harassment & discrimination training, etc.)
- Is responsible for the maintenance of employee records in our HRIS and supporting audits requests and needs.
- Ensures employer verifications are done in a timely manner
- Provides data and reporting support to the SVP and People Partners team
- Total Rewards:
- Maintaining the data (onboarding, offboarding, communicating updates, reporting to all systems)
- Assisting employees with questions and issues
- Help manage and build our compensation structuresCoordinates with benefits providers to ensure excellent customer service
- Manages parental leave coordination both internally and with STD partnersOversees the open enrollment process - including benefits selection, communications, and ensuring timely enrollment of all TeamSnappers
- Support and Engagement:
- Owns our onboarding and orientation experience for new TeamSnappers
- Field and address requests from various stakeholders; employee change requests, separation requests, and general operational inquiries
- Provide stellar and timely service to employees
- Plan and manage our company summits and large group offsites.
- Participate in creating opportunities for our employees all over the US to have meaningful shared experiences
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by SVP of People
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an HR role at a startup or small, growing company
- Experience with HRIS and benefits administration - ADP experience is a plus
- Experience as a people manager
- Bonus points for managing and leading a PEO extraction at scaleExcellent customer service skills- after all, our employees are our customers
- Superb attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain confidential information
- Knowledge of HR best practices and a proven desire to continually learn
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate across teams
- Ability to work as part of a geographically distributed development team
- Flexibility, teamwork, sense of humor, and the willingness to do what's necessary to help a relatively small company grow quickly
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $85,000, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, and South Dakota, and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• A monthly stipend for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Take the Work Out of Play