Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Work Location Options:Hybrid/Virtual
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) will have the opportunity to drive initiatives that further strengthen a culture of inclusion and belonging. The Manager will design and build best in class diversity, equity, and inclusion learning solutions that align to enterprise DE&I priorities and lead efforts to integrate DE&I into existing learning and development programs. The Manager will also assist in internal DE&I consulting work across the organization with the goal to embed DE&I into all that we do at American Express. This individual will be adept at strategic forward thinking, using data to inform solutions, business writing, problem solving, relationship management, and collaboration.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Lead the development and execution of the diversity, equity, and inclusion learning strategy to build skills and capabilities across the enterprise
- Leverage internal and external data to assess gaps and areas of improvement in learning offerings, bringing subject matter expertise in DE&I and learning practices, to deliver the best solutions
- Partner with the learning and development teams to integrate DE&I into enterprise learning and develop DE&I specific learning and development offerings
- Serve as a consultant and thought leader with Colleague Experience Group (Human Resources) partners and other collaborators, recommending impactful solutions that will help leaders achieve intended DE&I objectives
- Determine metrics of success and monitor progress of solutions deployed
- Monitor external trends and best practices, developing strategies for emerging learning and development needs
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of diversity, equity & inclusion experience
- At least 2 years of learning & development experience preferred
- Strong project management skills and multi-year strategy planning experience
- Strong partner management/relationships; experience working across COEs/consulting
- Strong writer in business communications and learning resources
- Extensive experience driving organizational and cultural change management
- Deep understanding of workplace trends, and implications for a global workforce
- Effective leadership approach, able to collaborate and gain consensus through influence, and work across teams to address business needs
Salary Range: $90,000.00 to $165,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Location: New York City, NY, United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Provide the world’s best customer experience every day.