Director, People Operations
At Webflow, we are reinventing the way people build things online. With less than one-half of one percent of the world’s population able to write code directly, we’re on a mission to empower everyone to create for the web – and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it. Since our inception, Webflow has amassed over 220K active customers, extended well beyond $100M in annual recurring revenue, secured partnerships with top-tier investors including Accel, CapitalG, and Y Combinator, and built a diverse team of more than 500 distributed around the globe. We’re actively growing and are adding new team members in all departments who are excited about our vision to build the world’s most powerful no-code development platform.
Reporting to the Vice President of People and based anywhere within the United States or Canada, the Director of People Operations represents a unique opportunity for impact. As a net-new position, a qualified candidate will align the operational experts across the people function, reimagine processes, programs, and infrastructure, and act as a force multiplier to build for scale. With a scope and remit that covers People Programs, Operations, Systems, Analytics & Insights, this leader will possess a builder’s mentality, effectively alternating between operator and executor, demonstrate a history of success aligning cross-functional stakeholders and partners, and communicate a passion for developing scalable solutions through repeatable process, systems, and infrastructure.
About the role
- Location: US remote or Canada remote
- Full time
- Our cash compensation amount for this role is estimated at $170,000 - $233,000 for most locations and $188,000 - $259,000 for locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD or its equivalent in local currency. Total compensation is based on several factors, including but not limited to role, level, professional experience, qualifications, and location.
As a Director of People Operations, you’ll …
- Attract, develop, and retain a high-performing, engaged team of Program Managers, People Operations Subject Matter Experts, Systems Administers, and People Scientists
- Partner with executive leaders, people managers, and global employees to introduce change interventions that enable team members and accelerate business outcomes
- Implement, configure, integrate, and administer an enterprise-grade Human Resources Tech Stack
- Extend the global footprint for Webflow, considering strategies such as entity and/or subsidiary creation, PEO/EOR partnership, and contingent workforce solutions
- Consolidate disparate operational procedures, streamlining and optimizing workflows, integrating systems, and automating repeatable processes
- Evaluate case management ticketing, and knowledge management solutions to address documentation and enable team member/manager self-service
- Establish a foundation for data, analytics, and insights to proactively evaluate and measure efficacy of business operations, key performance indicators, and critical metrics
- Weave diversity, equity, and inclusion practices throughout the employee lifecycle
- Regularly assess organizational climate, engagement, and effectiveness, and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
You’ll thrive as a Director of People Operations if you possess:
- 10+ years of human resources experience with progressively challenging responsibilities in People Operations, Program Management, People Systems, and/or People Analytics
- Minimum of 5-7 years of people management experience, including leading remote and matrixed team members in a global setting
- Experience working with global/international teams expanding into emerging markets, while excelling in high-growth, global organizations
- Experience leading technical implementation of enterprise-grade HRIS solutions (e.g. Workday), integrating and configuring best-in-class solutions to enable an efficient ecosystem, and administering for scale
- Demonstrate deep Program/Project Management with exposure leading cross-functional/cross-company initiatives in a matrixed global environment
- Critical thinker and analytics-minded with success in developing and executing change interventions that drive strategic impact while unlocking and accelerating business outcomes
- Strong executive presence; ability to work with senior leaders and executive teams
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success -- so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful leader and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us. (remove if you can hire international candidates
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.
Location: United States or Canada (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
the modern way to build for the web