Director of Talent
Why Charlie Health?
Young people across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken hold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our young people are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to young people and families in crisis. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program, which places peers with similar mental health experiences and goals into customized virtual groups. Our team of masters-level clinicians lead groups multiple times per week to deliver a higher level of care.
Our goal is to help young people and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every young person—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
About The Role
We are seeking a Director of Talent to join our growing team! The Director of Talent should be skilled at building networks, confident with a professional phone presence, and flexible working in fast-paced environment aimed at identifying key talent to help provide critical solutions for youth across the country. This candidate will lead a team of talent acquisition specialists, allowing Charlie Health to continue to provide critical treatment programs for youth.
This candidate will be a key member of the Talent team and oversee strategic direction of the Talent function at Charlie Health, working cross-functionally and providing insight to support rapid and strategic growth. In order to excel in this role, the Director of Talent will develop an efficient and scalable recruiting process, enhance the candidate experience, and take an entrepreneurial approach to finding and attracting new talent. The Director of Talent will adapt quickly to working in a fast-paced environment and leverage creative ways to motivate and energize cross-functional teams.
Our team is comprised of passionate, forward-thinking professionals eager to take on the challenge of the mental health crisis and play a formative role in providing live-saving solutions. We are looking for a candidate who is inspired by our mission and excited by the opportunity to build a business that will impact millions of lives in a profound way.
- Serve as the strategic voice of the Talent function in team meetings
- Partner with department leaders to refine the headcount planning process
- Implement scalable recruiting processes across the organization
- Deliver data-driven insights, in addition to weekly reporting to ensure all department are on track to meet relevant goals
- Develop key learnings and evolve processes accordingly and identify solutions to drive efficiencies
- Champion diversity and inclusion efforts both internally and externally, ensuring recruitment efforts identify diverse talent
- Ensure recruitment processes and conversations appropriately reflect the mission and values of Charlie Health and maintain transparent hiring plans
- Own the tech stack for the Talent team and drive company-wide utilization of Talent team technologies (ATS, prospecting tools, etc.)
- Be creative—identify new ways to source candidates and identify key networks to broaden the applicant pool and move candidates through the pipeline
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience managing a team of more than 10, and reporting directly to C-level stakeholders
- Work authorized in the United States and native or bilingual English proficiency
- Analytical and research skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment as a team player who can adapt and act with a sense of urgency
- Proven track record of taking initiative, leading with confidence and identifying solutions
- Solid candidate experience skills - the ability to draw in candidates and keep a strong pipeline
- Ability to inspire and motivate both internal team members and external stakeholders or applicants
- Proficiency managing ATS and recruitment tools/systems
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and listening skills, with a natural, consultative style and ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to energize, communicate, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Strong project management skills, with a demonstrable ability to corral and manage details in a fast-paced, fluid environment
Our mentality is to find the best, attract the best, and pay the best talent—which is why we prioritize quality over quantity of hires. While we offer zero-stress medical, dental, and vision coverage, competitive salaries, life and disability insurance, and a generous PTO policy, we're way more excited to tell you about a few "perks” that are unique to Charlie Health. We’ve spent time thinking through what it means to be a mental health company and how we can better align these additional perks with our mission and values.
First and foremost, we believe that no one should ever have to compromise on their mental or physical health. This is why we offer a monthly wellness stipend to the mindfulness, talk therapy, nutrition, or fitness app or program of your choice (Headspace, TalkSpace, Noom, gym membership, Peloton, etc.). We also offer complimentary yoga sessions for you and your loved ones hosted by one of our licensed instructors. Our team is big on self-care, and we are committed to helping our employees live happy and healthy lives.
We also want you to live and see our mission in action. We encourage every employee—regardless of department—to shadow our vIOP sessions once per month. And while it’s motivating to experience the care that we provide to patients, we also want to collectively celebrate their successes. This is why we host quarterly events to recognize alumni of our program and bring together patients and team members around shared experiences. Whether it be through a cooking class, a magic show, a comedy act, or a virtual talent competition, we want to uplift our patients and teammates, together.
This role is not presently available in New York, Colorado, or California.#LI-Remote
So—what do you think?
If you’ve made it this far, well, we’re excited to meet you too. Just one more thing that we want you to remember: we pride ourselves on our meritocratic, performance-driven culture. There are lives on the line, and we have young people to save. There’s no room for complacency. Your scope of responsibility and opportunity to make a difference will be uncapped at Charlie Health, but we need your commitment that you will work tirelessly for our patients, parents, and partners. At the end of day, our team is committed to helping you succeed at Charlie Health because when you succeed, our patients succeed, and we get one step closer to solving the mental health crisis. We’re hopeful that this role will give you the experience to go and do whatever you want in life but the fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team. We look forward to solving the mental health crisis, together.
Please do not call our public clinical admissions line in regards to this or any other job posting.
Recruiting agencies, please do not submit unsolicited referrals for this or any open role. We have a roster of agencies with whom we partner, and we will not pay any fee associated with unsolicited referrals.
At Charlie Health, we value being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals can be their authentic selves. Being an Equal Opportunity Employer means every member of our team feels as though they are supported and belong. We value diverse perspectives to help us provide essential mental health and substance use disorder treatments to all young people.
Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Personalized intensive mental healthcare