Senior Compensation Analyst
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Sr. Compensation Analyst to support its growing population and work with HR, Talent Acquisition, and the Total Rewards team to ensure our compensation programs are operating effectively.
You will work with Recruiters on new solutions to ensure that compensation is aligned with talent, simple and competitive.
- Participate in the design and administration of new, and ongoing, programs, along with the monitoring of program success
- Play a key role in the creation, consultation, and review of compensation policies and processes
- Lead strategic projects such as evolving the job architecture, assessing the compensation of critical talent, reviewing the effectiveness of compensation programs and policies, and analyzing compensation outcomes to draw conclusions and make recommendations for future consideration
- Review and approve new hire offers and provide offer support/consultation to Talent Acquisition
- Refine, maintain, and automate reporting and tools used by HRBPs and Talent teams
- Actively contribute to building new reports, trackers and databases related to HR and compensation
- Manage and resolve inbound compensation data/reporting requests from key stakeholders (HR, Talent, Finance, Payroll, Stock Admin, Legal)
- Ensure fairness and consistency in our daily compensation needs (offers, internal transfers, relocations)
- Conduct market research and analysis to derive insights and recommendations, including submitting compensation survey data
- Advise HR Partners and recruiters on compensation programs and concerns such as base pay adjustments and other job evaluations
- Provide support for compensation programs (merit/promotion cycles), communications updates, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in compensation, finance, or other HR analytical role
- Advanced Google Sheets or Excel skills with the ability to effectively analyze data and develop or automate repeatable reports, metrics, and models
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, conduct research, formulate conclusions, and present conclusions regarding business issues
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to communicate and explain compensation philosophy, program design, and recommendations effectively
- Excellent prioritization skills and attention to detail; you thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing business needs
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Do more with your money.