Head of People
Relief is a venture-backed, fully remote, and purpose-driven FinTech startup committed to changing the lives of Americans that are behind on their bills. What makes Relief unique is that our platform offers solutions when individuals have no other option. Our goal is to make financial wellness accessible through education and to provide banking tools for 99% of the population. Because we see credit card debt as the most overwhelming and fastest-growing type of debt, we decided to tackle it first at no charge.
The current system in place for people that are behind on their bills is antiquated and unfair, making the process psychologically and physiologically taxing for any person. Debt comes in many shapes, sizes, and forms. We understand that everybody has a different financial situation, and because of that, Relief is building solutions tailored to each individual as we grow and scale.
Providing people with the information to achieve financial wellness while destigmatizing debt is what we are passionate about. Life is more than just paying your bills. Through collective bargaining, Relief seeks to change the way people overcome financial troubles in the form of debt. By helping Americans eliminate their debt, we can empower them to create educated financial choices and build the means to achieve their dreams.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Head of People to oversee and lead Relief’s HR plans in ways that support our mission and overall strategy. In this role, you'll create an environment where HR is collaborative: you will empower our organization to be the best it can be. You'll help our teams work in a way that, as experts in their field, they know is best. We are passionate about empowering, enabling, supporting and motivating our employees and want to ensure Relief continues to be a great place to call home. You will create a space where flexibility and work life balance are key, where people can thrive and deliver, happily and efficiently. This dynamic, fast-paced role will interact with employees at all levels and will have responsibility for a wide range of functions, including organization design and development, employee relations, benefits, performance management, culture and engagement, while ensuring alignment with the Relief culture and business initiatives.
You are a reliable advisor who is incredibly trustworthy, caring, and likable: people find themselves opening up to you honestly and openly. You connect with individuals easily and care deeply about the experience of the environment at Relief. You are able to communicate with individuals at their level, and lead with warmth, empathy, compassion and understanding. You are forward-thinking and solutions-oriented: you focus on the yes rather than the no with clever, out-of-the-box thinking, and are able to turn anything into something positive, productive and focused. You are process and data-oriented: you are able to evaluate your success with quantifiable metrics. You focus on building a foundation for employee relations that scales well into our future. You are able to foster a safe space, while guiding employees towards both positivity and productivity. You are a strategic business partner and advisor who creates, supports, and executes people programs.
• Create immediate rapport with everyone in the organization as a trusted advisor
• Drive programs, initiatives, and processes that optimize the contributions and engagement levels of employees and that support a high-performance culture in a remote environment
• Build out and execute key experiences for our employees, whether digital or in-person/offsite, to further drive a cohesive, collaborative, fun, and engaging culture
• Establishing credibility and organizational adeptness to make progress in a fast-paced startup environment (balancing strategy and action); rolling up your sleeves to get things done
• Ensuring our company values come alive within an amazing employee experience
• Support Relief by building a foundation to support our values, and creating a high-performance culture for those who are eager to be engaged, innovative, accountable and recognized for their fantastic work
• Offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related solutions to achieve business results; you will focus on both strategy and execution
• Champion our culture by creating a great experience for those who seek to work, grow, and build a career with us
• Address and manage a broad spectrum of employee relations matters, and work to resolve them through a systematic approach, adhering to company policies, local employment laws and best practices. Coach and teach managers in working on people issues
• Provide forward-thinking, proactive HR partnership to the organization
• Increase engagement and happiness for all teams
• Embrace the unique and wonderful things about the Relief culture and double-down on them
• Create sensible metrics that highlight the impact good employee relations yields
• Guide leaders effectively during change management to ensure all changes are well received and understood by members of the impacted team
● Bachelor's degree
● 6+ years of HR experience, with at least 4 of them focused primarily in Employee Relations/Employee Experience
● You have a track record of delivery of excellent people services to support an operational business in a remote environment
● Demonstrated ability to impact organizational effectiveness and excel in delivering strategic results
● You're great at stakeholder management and have excellent communication skills with a strong focus on being able to build effective relationships and influence at senior levels
● Creative and effective delivery of people solutions that enable size and scale
● You're a confident decision maker who is able to take ownership with compassion and confidence
● Excellent coaching, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
● Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations
● Impeccable attention-to-detail
● Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal) and ability to collaborate and influence effectively in a complex environment
● Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve complex problems while working with business partners to achieve a common goal
● You have a positive and team-oriented approach to your work
● You have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment: you work quickly and efficiently, and are always willing to learn and grow
● You are a problem solver and are able to hit the ground running, adapting rapidly as needed
● You actively and enthusiastically take initiative and identify company needs quickly
● Experience in tech is highly preferred; Payments / e-commerce / banking industry experience in a plus
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The app that destroys your debt