People Operations Generalist
At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies and health plans, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
The People Operations team has grown from 2 to 5 over the last several months, and we’re looking for an experienced People Operations Generalist to own critical people processes and improve our internal operations infrastructure. There are many opportunities for efficiency improvement, and this is especially important as we continue to grow over the next 12 months and work to build a best in class employee experience. You’ll report to the Director, People Programs and Operations and have 2 peers, another Generalist and a Workplace Manager. We believe this is a great role for a People Operations professional who enjoys initiating and leading process improvement and is interested in gaining experience at a fast-moving, mission-driven company. It’s an exciting time to join the team since we’re in growth mode!
The People Operations Generalist will be responsible for critical aspects of People Operations program implementation across the entire organization. This includes HRIS implementation / integration / administration, onboarding, offboarding, benefits, people analytics, and serving as a trusted partner to recruiting, payroll, and IT. You’ll also be responsible for suggesting and implementing process improvements across these areas to ensure we can scale efficiently and effectively.
- HRIS implementation, integration, and administration. We are currently using ADP Workforce Now for payroll and we need to transition to an HRIS that can meet our organizational needs. Your top priority as a new hire would be leading this project. You’ll be responsible for our full lifecycle of all employee data: from onboarding through to offboarding (i.e. data entry, updates, audits, or paperwork). You will be the main administrator for this platform and troubleshoot any errors that occur. You will process any organizational updates required in this system. You will manage timely and accurate delivery of recurring and ad hoc HR reports.
- People reporting and analytics. You will partner with the People team to create and share reporting that provides more insight into employee lifecycle inclusive of recruiting, talent management, performance, promotions, turnover, etc.
- Onboarding and offboarding. Facilitates onboarding and offboarding of all employees; responsible for coordination of all background checks, mandated training, benefits enrollment, new hire technology requests and entry into ADP payroll system. You partner with payroll and IT on offboarding, and you guide exiting employees through the process, providing necessary paperwork and scheduling exit interviews.
- Benefits. You will maintain expert knowledge of our benefits plans, programs, initiatives and initiatives. We currently have a benefits broker and administrator that you would partner with to assist in our annual benefits renewal process and host our open enrollment session annually. You would provide support on creation of any benefits and perks administration.
- Payroll and Recruiting and IT Team Partner. Point of contact for payroll, recruiting, and IT to ensure successful partnership that centers employee experience.
- Experience leading an HRIS implementation and integration as well as managing an HRIS. This is critical. Plus if you have worked with ADP and/or Bamboo HR.
- Experience in People Operations. Passionate about people & process. Plus if you have experience with people analytics/reporting.
- Experiencing driving process improvements, managing stakeholders, setting expectations (especially upwards) and executing reliably.
- Highly organized and productive, detail oriented and able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Values the importance of professionalism when handling sensitive employee data.
- Strengths in communication, collaboration and conflict resolution. Enjoys working on a team.
- Curious to learn and grow within People function.
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driven by Data, Guided by Compassion