Sr Director, HR Business Partner
Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.The Senior Director HRBP works directly with the President & General Manager of Home Ecosystem of the Consumer Organization, and their direct reports to develop talent strategies to deliver business growth and maximize engagement and retention of top talent. This role will lead a small team of HRBPs based in the US, and will closely align with internationally-based HRBPs who provide global HRBP support to teams under the General Manager in the region. They will be part of a closely connected global People Team who share the same values around delivering business objectives and implementing leading HR practices.
Your Way to Impact:
- You will design and drive the people plan for Home Ecosystem, create plans around workforce planning, change management, talent mapping, succession planning, learning pathways, organizational design and strategies that attract, retain and engage talent.
- You will build meaningful partnerships with leaders across the Home Ecosystem organization and influence using data and insights around org health, inclusion, growth, stability and hiring trends.
- While this role holds senior stakeholder relationships, you’ll spend time with employees throughout your client groups in order to glean and leverage areas of strength and opportunity.
- You will collaborate with HR Centers of Excellence (including Total Rewards, People Operations and Shared Services, Recruiting, Learning and Employee Relations) as well as external partners (Legal, Finance, Business Operations, DEI&B, Comms) in order to be able to support the business in navigating the employee lifecycle and associated processes.
- You will focus on people managers, supporting them to create and uphold a productive, healthy and inclusive working environment and culture in which their teams and individuals can thrive.
- You will contribute thought leadership and insight to a strong network and feedback loop within the HR Business Partner community, through strong curiosity and awareness of Media and Tech industry HR trends.
What Do You Need To Bring:
- Extensive experience as an HR Business Partner in a global work environment (12+ yrs)
- Prior experience of Media and Technology, ideally having worked with Product teams.
- Strong track record of managing a team.
- Approach will involve ‘rolling up sleeves’ to execute and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Strong influencing skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Experience presenting to leadership and all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into recommendations and implementation plans that will meet business objectives.
- Team player who offers to lean in to support others.
- Ability to operate under pressure, with ambiguity and frequent change.
- Resourceful and independent self-starter.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $156,000.00 - $305,625.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program.Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Do you Yahoo?