Director, Talent Strategy
As a Director of Talent Strategy, you’ll be a trusted partner to Segment HR and business leaders, helping to drive critical results during an exciting time of transformation. This role will be instrumental in supporting our business strategies and developing the talent pipeline for the future.
Located in the Sodexo Talent Organization, you will be a part of a team working to build integrated talent management solutions aligned to our global frameworks designed to help support individuals and our business. Aligned with the Segments, you will be at the heart of talent, learning and development, enabling our people to have the most impact in realizing their career aspirations and our business needs.
This is a Remote Role!
Candidates can reside in any state.
This role might be for you if excel in:
- Using Strategic Mindset
- Using a broad perspective and business sense to make things happen
- Cultivating innovation
- Managing vision and purpose
- Working with abstract ideas having company-wide reach and impact on results requiring complex solutions
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Compensation: Base Salary $140-165,000 (depending on experience & geography) + Annual Incentive Plan
The Director of Talent Strategy will partner with business and HR leaders to design and implement an end-to-end talent strategy that attracts, grows and retains a diverse leadership pipeline. This role will leverage technical and disciplinary proficiency to utilize tools and resources to optimize workforce planning, talent management, learning and development and performance management.
- Implement global and regional talent, learning and capability frameworks, processes and solutions within the Segments to address identified priorities, including regular review of talent, advising on talent solutions for leaders at all levels, as well as supporting improvements in learning and internal talent mobility.
- Drive coordination of related disciplines (e.g., Talent Acquisition, Learning) in the development of Talent Management programs and interface with leaders to achieve business outcomes; confirm governance is in place to ensure alignment of goals/investments, resource management, decision making and buy-in across interdependent teams and strategies.
- Act as a critical business partner to Segment HR and Leadership teams on talent, learning and capability development, operating from a deep understanding of the business and strategic Segment goals.
- Identify Talent Management program needs across Segments; coordinate with leadership to achieve alignment, overcome barriers and ensure overall program success; define future talent management initiatives by identifying short-term and long-term business needs.
- Manage the execution of talent management programs (e.g., talent planning, succession management, talent movement, leadership development, etc.) by anticipating future organizational talent needs, identifying stakeholders and partners, and establishing priorities; hold teams accountable for project execution; analyze business priorities and data (e.g., bench strength, assessment data, growth projections) to identify and develop talent management strategies.
- Work closely with the Talent CoEs and Segment leadership to develop a tailored, multiyear talent plan informed by the business strategy to address talent and development needs and deliver on Segment talent, learning and capability priorities.
- Partner with Segment Leadership and CoEs to connect and enable talent plans for current and future leaders and drive and scale our programmatic approaches.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the business, including financial position, mid and long-range plans, key environmental factors and competitive indicators.
- Identify and manage key talent segments for growth, leveraging enterprise leadership development programs and solutions.
- Coach high-potential talent through intentional career journeys across segments (e.g., rotations or talent moves).
- Identify and address critical gaps in talent management tools, methodologies, and principles through identification of business needs as well as industry trends and leading practices; drive the design and/or implementation of talent management tools (e.g., skills assessments, organizational diagnostics, successor talent assessments) to improve benchmarking, evaluation, forecasting, decision-making and management of talent.
- Advise, recommend, and evaluate talent related metrics (operational, ER, DEI, etc.) to determine overall effectiveness and/or gaps with talent initiatives or practices. Make decisions based on data and recommendations using competitive intelligence, metrics, and market data to ensure alignment with Investments.
- Establish and implement standard definitions and assessment mechanisms to measure the effectiveness of our talent management practices.
- Identify, develop, revise or recommend system processes and procedures to guide the business in making talent-related business decisions; support the alignment of processes and systems to global where appropriate.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience: 7 years management experience
Basic Functional Experience: 7 years of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Thanks to our 412,000 employees, Sodexo provides catering, facilities management, employee benefits and personal home services to 100 million consumer...