Senior Inclusion and Diversity Manager
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position
As Senior Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) Manager at Intuitive, you will shape how we engage and support our employees from underrepresented communities. In this position, reporting to Intuitive’s Vice President of Global Inclusion and Diversity, you will focus on select communities (people of color, women, veterans, LGBTQ+ employees and/or employees with a disability). You will spearhead the growth and support of these communities through our employee resource groups (ERGs), engagement with external organizations, and close partnership with other HR functions and the broader Intuitive organization. Exemplifying our core expectations of Leadership, Focus, Agility and Creativity, you will bring a spirit of learning and continuous improvement to the company’s I&D efforts.
- Serve as one of two strategic I&D leads for underrepresented groups at Intuitive, including people of color, women, veterans, LGBTQ+ employees and employees with a disability.
- Advise and monitor all aspects of employee resource group (ERG) health, including membership growth, employee engagement strategies, leadership and resource planning. Provide ad hoc coaching and advice to ERG leaders on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with ERGs, Marketing, Employee Communications & Engagement, and other stakeholders to develop and execute on key “cultural moments” throughout the year. Supervise external agency supporting these strategies.
- Identify and establish partnerships with external organizations who provide support and resources for underrepresented groups. Effectively connect these partners with internal stakeholders to maximize and measure the value of these partnerships, and ensure financial investments are providing ROI.
- Represent Intuitive in external organizations and benchmarking processes in assigned areas of expertise. Actively research and share external best practices back into the I&D team and broader HR organization.
- Work with internal teams -- such as Public Affairs, Intuitive Foundation, Corporate Sustainability and Social Responsibility, Marketing, Supplier Diversity, Facilities, and others -- to drive positive awareness, engagement and change for employees and customers from underrepresented groups.
- Act as an I&D advocate and resource for other HR functions such as Total Rewards, Global Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and HR Business Partners, influencing our programs, practices, and support offerings.
- Contribute to cross-team projects and initiatives, such as events, newsletters, trainings, and other key deliverables.
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience and three years in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) or related roles
- Experience with employee resource groups (ERGs) and how to best support and advocate for employees from underrepresented identities within a corporate environment
- Passionate about I&D while understanding how to meet people “where they are” with sensitivity and diplomacy
- Experience in public speaking with small- and large-sized groups (in-person & virtually)
- Proven success maintaining relationships with external organizations, vendors and consultants, including budget oversight
- Ability to build strong, clear written and visual content in formats including Word and PowerPoint; visual design capability a plus
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of employee I&D efforts and adjusting strategies based on data and feedback
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural skills to work across stakeholders, organizations and geographies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Day
Travel : 25% of the time
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Intuitive is a global technology leader in minimally invasive care and the pioneer of robotic-assisted surgery.