People Operations (HR) Specialist
What You'll Do:
The People Operations (HR) Specialist will play a critical role within Bigleaf Networks. You will own payroll and benefits administration by working as a liaison between our employees and our PEO (Professional Employer Organization). The People Operations Specialist will work both cross functionally and closely with other members of the People Team.
This position is 100% remote!
- Build genuine connections with employees throughout Bigleaf
- Act as the first line of support for most People related questions and inquiries (e.g., benefits, paychecks, verifications of employment, etc.)
- Liaise with PEO partners, legal counsel, finance teams, and immigration vendors to monitor and support compliance with labor regulations
- Work with the People Team and PEO partners to administer health and wellness benefits, company perks, and maintain employee enrollment data
- Process timely and accurate payroll
- Collaborate on creating and updating Company policies and procedures, as necessary
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding employees from a benefits and payroll standpoint
- Evaluate and maximize the effectiveness and use of our People related systems to ensure they aid us in carrying out our broader goals
- Evaluate and improve workflows that relate to People processes by partnering with relevant stakeholders and driving the projects to completion
- Aid with development and coordination of Learning & Development program
Qualifications & Attributes:
- 3+ years of experience working within a high functioning People/HR team
- The ability to approach problems with a mindset of curiosity and looking to solve them in unique ways that meet our stage
- Understand and exhilarated by the pace and rate of change within a startup
- Exceptional written and spoken English communication skills to engage effectively with individual contributors, executive leadership, and everyone in between
- Demonstrated experience in project and process management
- A stickler for process and accuracy in the work that you put forward
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally towards a shared goal
- High sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at once
- Proficiency with People Management Systems
- Ability to challenge the status quo and implement change
- Curiosity and openness to learn
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly improve by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
At Bigleaf Networks, we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation internally and for our customers. We empower employees to think out-of-the box and create value through a unique combination of technology, collaboration, and strategy. We encourage innovation at all levels of our company and work as a team to align and execute our company goals.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us keep that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan - buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Deliver truly reliable connectivity