Global Chief People Officer
At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Company to Work For” by Women's Choice Award
Kin + Carta is a rapidly scaling digital transformation consultancy with a distributed workforce across The Americas and Europe with further exciting growth plans. Our people have experienced and enabled a considerable amount of change as we evolved from a portfolio of 18 standalone businesses, to one globally aligned consultancy under the Kin + Carta brand.
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced, inspiring leader to build on our global B-Corp certification, commitment to IDEA, and triple-bottom-line (people, planet, profit) philosophy, as we continue to scale an internationally recognized best place to work, market leading responsible business, and higher standard of consultancy. We are a consulting firm with a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin.
Reporting to the CEO of Kin + Carta, Kelly Manthey, the CPO will provide leadership and orchestration for the employee experience across the global business. The Chief People Officer will understand the importance of culture within the organization.
You will act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership providing a nuanced and well-informed point-of-view of the pulse of the business: how things will be received; and how to communicate effectively.
You should have significant experience within rapidly growing and scaling multi-national companies as well as with integrations and acquisitions. As a member of the global executive team, this role is commercially astute and data-literate, understanding the economics and role of people within our business model, the nuances of global talent markets, and the unique challenges and opportunities of a client-focused consultancy.
This role is ideal for a leader who is able to balance the need to support the ongoing development of our culture whilst also executing on delivering world class HR operations.
You will need to be within commuting distance to one of our global offices and to be able to travel globally as needed to any of our offices in LatAm, the UK and the EU.
- Clearly articulate, communicate and codify/embed our People strategy
- Lead the People teams across all parts of our business (Americas, Europe and Global)
- Provide strategy and oversight of the administration of our total rewards philosophy and HRIS systems
- Advise the executive team on relevant compliance and employment law and introduce best practices
- Work with Kin + Carta global leaders to build a unified company and culture, becoming a true ‘One Carta’ and not simply separate business units and territories
- To develop company-wide programs that enable us to become a global best place to work
- Develop, implement and revise policies and procedures with an iterative mindset throughout the People function with an eye towards global consistency
- Collaborate with our Employee Experience leaders in current and future business acquisitions to ensure a thoughtful approach to people, process, and policy integration
- Determine which policies and procedures should be centralized and which should be specialized by geography
- Work to refine and improve our global compensation frameworks
- Evolve and establish the HR and EX approach fit for scaling from 2000 to 10,000 people
- Closely collaborate with regional Talent Attraction leaders to ensure a compelling candidate to employee experience
Professional and Personal Attributes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and possess the fortitude to make decisions without having all the information
- Experience working to incredibly high standards playing the role of both role model and coach to the direct teams and wider organization
- A relationship builder with impeccable communication skills who possesses the ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders simultaneously
- Effective prioritization skills with the ability to steer to balance both long and short term goals
- A humble servant leader, who wants to engage with employees from all parts of the organization
- A growth and change mindset; an entrepreneurial and fast-moving individual who is always thinking and acting quickly to drive the business forward
- A global lens and the ability to relate any ‘local’ decisions to the Kin + Carta global organization
- An empathetic individual who truly cares about the people in the organization and ensures they have a voice
We want all hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below.
- 10+ years experience in a large scale global technical consultancy organization serving as the senior HR/People leader
- Executive level or Board level reporting experience
- Fluency working in a publicly listed company environment
- Ability to travel globally, including Europe, North America, Latin America, and new regions as we grow
- Experience managing the considerations across a geographically and culturally diverse domestic, nearshore, and offshore consultancy
- Versed at operating in a dynamic environment and considering the impact to policies, processes, and employee experience as the business evolves and changes through organizational design changes and acquisitions
- Deep understanding of what a vibrant and healthy culture looks like; experience successfully balancing required operational, procedural, and policy change with cultural fit and appropriateness
- Proficiency with all People/Human Resources functions, including talent management, total rewards, performance management, talent development and employee relations
- Keen business and financial acumen with a perspective on the business beyond the people. Can demonstrate experience in connecting the company strategy to the talent strategy
- Demonstrated ability to build process and policy during a period of rapid growth
- Experience navigating a matrix organizational structure and leading through both direct decision accountability and influence.
- Foster an environment that allows employees ‘freedom within a frame’ to drive change and communicate peer-to-peer
- Define, execute, and monitor key business targets related to diversity and pay equity
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 2,000 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their authentic selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Hard work deserves big rewards. Joining us means you’ll be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits aimed at mind, body, spirit and enhancing your career.
- Affinity groups & culture committees
- Internal & external training opportunities
- Bi-annual feedback cycles
- Award-winning workplace culture
- B Corp certified
- Hybrid work model
- Time Away From Work policy
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Employee assistance program
- Technology reimbursement
- National health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation business