Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- 7 years of experience in data analysis and managing multiple projects and client relationships.
- Experience translating and refining business questions into tractable analysis, evaluation metrics, or models, using data to answer questions or create solutions.
- Experience with SQL, manipulating and analyzing data sets to distill insights from data, and convey findings to executive audiences.
- Experience identifying problems, using a quantitative or qualitative approach, and creating analytic solutions (e.g., metrics, reports, tables, dashboards, presentations).
- Experience turning large data sets into a compelling narrative with visualizations (e.g., charts, graphs, tables) and presenting it to professionals and executives.
- Experience managing an ongoing client relationship, prioritizing work and navigating ambiguity while collaborating on projects that may involve multiple teams in an unstructured environment.
- Experience with strategies and techniques for measuring effectiveness of operations/programs, interventions, and large organization efforts (e.g., forecasting, advanced analytics, capacity planning).
About the job
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making, and our HR organization is no exception. The People Analytics team acts as an internal innovation lab, using analytical approaches to make sure Google continues to be a great place to work. The team provides critical support to the business around issues of organizational health and is responsible for not just taking the pulse of our Googlers, but harnessing Googler feedback to drive change for the better. As an analyst you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And on top of it all, you're someone who wonders "What if?" and then seeks out the solution.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$198,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Drive end-to-end delivery of multiple priority analytics projects, including requirements gathering, planning, development, implementation, stakeholder management, and on-going support.
- Translate data into actionable insights to drive strategic decision-making with executive management and improve business strategies, internal processes/planning, and team performance.
- Partner with stakeholders and cross-functional teams across People Operations to understand operational processes and business context, identifying the associated reporting needs and gaps.
- Collect, manage, and synthesize data sets and information from disparate sources, utilizing statistical modeling, data mining, and data analysis techniques.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
do the right thing