HR Programs Specialist
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for an HR Specialist to provide support for our HRBP team.
In this role, you will partner closely with HRBPs and other cross-functional partners to drive HR programs and initiatives to completion. You will be on the frontline collaborating with cross-functional partners to oversee and deploy projects both within specific business units and functions. Success in this role means helping the business turn ideas into reality and effectively coordinating and delivering impactful people programs to drive employee engagement. You will also help innovate and improve these programs as we continue to scale.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a strong sense of ownership and a "get things done" attitude. You’re effective at managing multiple projects at once, very detail-oriented and organized, like to be busy and productive, learn quickly, and have a track record of being adaptable in a fluid, high-growth environment.
- Partner closely with HRBPs to provide support to employees and leaders in the business and resolve roadblocks to help set employees up for success.
- Escalate concerns outside of your scope from employees and leads to ensure they are connected to appropriate resources they need throughout their time at Square.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners on the delivery of local and/or global project work in support of their client groups including team reorganizations, talent reviews, team-building exercises, and M&A work.
- Provide insights partnership to HR Business Partners preparing and analyzing surveys and reports.
- Coordinate and facilitate training and onboarding for new and existing employees.
- Execute both administrative and project-based work to support the cyclical HR programs, such as the annual performance review cycle, bi-annual promotion cycle, company-wide pulse survey.
- Build and maintain a highly effective and collaborative partnership with cross-functional teams, both locally and globally, such as HR Operations, Learning & Programs, People Analytics, Office Experience, Compensation, Benefits, Talent, IT, and Security.
- Review HR processes and suggest changes to improve efficiency, scalability, and employee experience.
- Complete regular audits and other necessary administrative responsibilities as needed.
- 3-5 years of HR, operational, project management, and/or program management experience
- Ability to prioritize well and be flexible in a fast-paced environment with changing demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a successful track record of implementing processes that scale
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), with an ability to build partnerships and establish rapport and credibility at all levels
- An ability to work independently in a distributed setting to manage multiple ongoing projects and programs with acute attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to productively challenge and influence other individuals and teams
- Demonstrates a solution-focused approach to problem-solving, with the ability to find pragmatic outcomes
- Exceptional ethics around confidentiality and highly sensitive information
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $41.30 - USD $50.43
Zone B: USD $38.37 - USD $46.92
Zone C: USD $35.10 - USD $42.88
Zone D: USD $30.96 - USD $37.88
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
make commerce easy