Chief People Officer
GI Alliance is the market-leading physician-led and majority physician-owned GI practice management company providing services to nearly 700+ independent gastroenterologists operating in 14 states. GI Alliance-managed practices focus on providing the highest-quality care to their patients. In addition to providing operational support for practices, GI Alliance is working to unite gastroenterologists nationwide by aligning interests and improving patient care.
The CPO is the top people strategist in the organization and executes the full scope of people, leadership and talent development activities; in addition to ensuring, as the companys chief human resources executive, all functional human resources activities are carried out to support the business. The CPO will implement and execute enterprise-wide leadership and talent development practices that support the company culture, its values and the meeting of annual and longer term objectives. The CPO will be expected to provide creative and insightful solutions to critical HR issues and advise other members of the executive team accordingly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure the HR organization is structured and aligned to deliver a work force strategy to support the companys objectives.
- Provide oversight for the talent management strategy including workforce planning, talent acquisition and development and succession/pipeline management.
- Lead the HR Team to deliver comprehensive support and services that facilitate the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Lead HR-related due diligence activities on acquisition targets.
- Integrate newly acquired practices into the organization and ensure a positive team member experience.
- Ensure the organizations employee engagement practices align with the culture, support corporate values and retain talent.
- Design implement and maintain performance goal setting, related feedback processes and assessment tools to facilitate the achievement of company objectives.
- Partner with management to address day-to-day HR operational issues such as employee relations, compensation reviews, escalated benefits issues, performance management and training
- Playing a role in the strategic deliberations of the executive team.
- Supervising and leading the HR team in creating an inviting and cohesive employee experience.
- Implement and manage compliance efforts with all the employment laws and regulations that govern the private companies relating to all aspects of the employee life cycle
- Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of the employees.
- Providing insightful crisis management advice when required.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology and culture.
- Investigate claims of misconduct and escalates to legal and security team as required.
- Maintaining current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure regulatory compliance. Identifies trends that could impact the organisation objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelors degree in business and/or a human resources field. Masters degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of progressive in Human Resources. Minimum of five years of HR supervisory and people leadership experience. Human Resources professional certifications preferred such as SPHR. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Additional Qualifications: N/A
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex matrixed organization including extensive experience at a Vice President/Sr. Director level.
- Success leading a broad team of HR professionals across various HR functions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand strategic and operational plans and to add value through the integration of HR activities.
- Experience in M&A diligence and integration.
- A strong ability to focus on understanding the needs of an organization and supporting senior leaders with a customer-focused, service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient technical (computer) skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Self-motivated with initiative.
- Strong sense of ethics.
Equipment Operated: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work Environment: This job operates in professional office environments.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
GI Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming, and equitable work environment. Our company values and celebrates the diversity of our physicians, staff and patients. We firmly believe our service is greatly enriched by our diversity of thought, experience, perspective, culture, and background.
Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment criminal history check.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR CONSIDERATION.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nation's Premier Gastroenterology Practice