Manager, Diversity Programs
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Diversity Programs Manager to join our People Programs team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Oscar is committed to building and encouraging an inclusive culture and equitable workforce to lead our mission of making health care simple and affordable for everyone. The Diversity Programs Associate is an important operational contributor at Oscar to ensure progress and outcomes towards these commitments.
You will report to the Associate Director, Talent Management.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $108,000 - $141,750 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $97,200 - $127,575 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits and annual performance bonuses.
- Partner with functions across the organization to ensure they have diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging (DIEB) best practices and guidelines integrated into their processes.
- Collaborate with important People Team functions (e.g., Recruiting, Compensation, People Ops, Performance, L&D) to help them define, integrate, and own their respective DIEB responsibilities, and provide them with support.
- Work with recruiting to ensure processes lead to diverse talent pipelines, and to review and monitor hiring practices, then expand or change them to meet the objective of recruiting candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Be a starting point and facilitator to help kick-off the diversity-related issues. Step in to be a central point of coordination for solutions/programs.
- Develop and implement co-wide central programs that promote diversity within the company or an organization. This Includes partnership with Programming colleagues (L&D, Culture & Engagement) to ensure employee and culture development opportunities.
- Plan, procure and lead live and virtual programming for Oscar employees, including specific groups or communities.
- Partner with employees to help them create, and find sponsorship and membership for employee resource groups (ERGs).
- Be a central resource and contact for Oscar's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
- Manage and run core Diversity operations
- Measure/monitor important DIEB metrics, including working with applicable partners to define relevant benchmarks, thresholds, and targets.
- Work with technology teams or vendors to assess, onboard, or enhance technology.
- Experience leading people/HR programs in D&I.
- 5+ years experience in complex organizations; tech-focused organizations, and fast scaling organizations.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 equivalent years of professional experience.
- Experience partnering with and advising colleagues.
- 3+ years experience leading programs.
- Master's degree or advanced certifications
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Health insurance that actually works for you