Director, Total Rewards & People Operations
*** Must live in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states to be eligible for hire: New York, California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Arizona, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Texas, Washington, Colorado, Vermont, North Carolina***
At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link or scan - to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every interaction into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
As a leader on our People team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive operational excellence and scalability in a people-centric company. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of innovative and scalable compensation and benefits programs that enable Bitly to attract and retain top talent. This role will manage a small global team and will oversee HR Operations, which includes management of all HR systems, and will collaborate closely with Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, as well as other internal stakeholders. Your work will directly enable our team to continue building a high-engagement culture and environment, and will contribute to the growth and development of the teams with whom we interface.
What You’ll Do
Design, develop, and operationalize Bitly’s total rewards programs (inclusive of base salary, bonus, commission, equity, employee benefits and recognition & rewards) and HR Operations (HRIS, compliance, key people data and metrics, HR policies).
- Design Bitly’s total rewards programs and roadmap in alignment with Bitly’s values, ensuring internal equity, external market competitiveness, and compliance with all local and federal regulations
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners, Finance and the business throughout the performance and compensation review cycles by providing analytical, forecasting, budgeting and structural guidance for all components of compensation and total rewards
- Conduct compensation and pay equity analysis annually to ensure Bitly’s total rewards remain competitive and attract & retain top talent
- Oversee Bitly’s benefits programs (healthcare, 401k, wellness, recognition), keeping up-to-date with emerging trends and driving recommendations to ensure Bitly’s programs are competitive, innovative and compliant Collaborate with Leadership, Finance, & Legal on Bitly’s equity programsPartner with HR Business Partners on compensation recommendations, job architecture and total rewards packages
- Own benchmarking data and external vendor relationships
- Own total rewards in Bitly’s HRIS and identify tools, partners, and compensation studies for ongoing compensation analysis
- Oversee operational elements of the people function including HR-related documentation, policies and compliance, HRIS & Systems, leave of absence, payroll and people data
- Oversee global employee perks, recognition, milestone and gift programs
- Create and maintain regular reporting and dashboards with key people metrics to be shared with leadership and business partners Continue to evaluate and implement systems and vendors to support Bitly’s growth
Who You Are
- 7+ years of global compensation and benefits experiencePrior experience working in a fast-paced, high growth start-up or tech-based organization with a critical sense of urgency and focus on excellent service to the business
- Subject matter experience in benefits, compensation, bonus, equity, variable compensation
- Technical knowledge of compensation program design and associated legal & tax implications and requirements
- Track record of providing creative and proactive compensation programs to meet the needs of Bitly’s evolving strategies
- Experience developing a long-term platform for rewards administration in a high-growth company.
- Ability to navigate ambiguous tasks and translate to solutions that have positive impact
- Strategic business partner and advisor to leadership with a solid track record of effective stakeholder management
- Outstanding communication, team building and interpersonal skills
- Customer First. We are fiercely committed to our customers' success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data driven decisions
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try. We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance where available
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
short links, big results