Strategy Manager, People Operations
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: San Francisco, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Miami, FL, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- 5 years of experience working in operations or working with/managing a team via a managed service provider.
- Experience with extended workforce agreements.
- Experience in business development for any third-party vendors.
- Experience in transitioning operations to third-party service providers.
- Experience in managing change spanning across different organizational functions/boundaries.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to process data to drive business strategies and decisions.
About the job
The Google People Services, Operations function is the services and program management group within People Operations that makes HR stuff easy and intuitive for Googlers. Our global team optimizes people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across People Operations and in engineering to bring innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Googlers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers, and work in Google’s fast-paced environment to deliver 100+ operational services, manage the contingent workforce and implement HR programs across 70+ countries. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Operations team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement some of the most complex global operations around the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $123,000-$191,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Support People Operations (POps) and Vendor Management Office (VMO) Leadership determining future operating models for key services, identifying preferred suppliers, defining a location strategy and enablement roadmaps.
- Deploy opportunities in partnership with teams across POps while collaborating with cross-functional partners to identify transition and delivery solutions.
- Advise POps stakeholders on extended workforce solutions and vendor management processes across a broad range of service requirements.
- Build relationships across POps to influence supplier decisions and partner with external suppliers to enable delivery outcomes.
- Drive innovation through market intelligence and trend analysis of supplier best practices.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
do the right thing