Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
The Compensation and Benefits Analyst will have primary responsibility for supporting the day-to-day administration of Ethos’ benefits and compensation programs. Additionally, you will work closely with our G&A leaders to develop and launch HR programs and initiatives as well as provide general support.
This is an ideal opportunity to accelerate your C&B career, if you have the desire to take the initiative and actively contribute to the People team and the company, with a driving mindset to provide superior service across all stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day generalist support of C&B services; respond to general employee questions related to benefits, company’s compensation policies and procedures
- Conduct salary and labor market research and analysis to define best practice trends
- Self-drive compliance and data reports on tight deadlines
- Manage and build vendor relationships. You will research the right tools, advocate for company needs, and sync systems to work better together (we use ADP, Carta, Cocoon, Lattice, Pave, Sapling, and Sequoia).
- Support and continuously improve relevant C&B processes including:
- Strong analytical, high attention to detail, excellent troubleshooting skills, and creative problem solving skills. Specifically gathering trends and metrics as it relates to retention, promotion, quality of hires, diversity, etc.
- Collaborate with our wider People team, and lean in across all our HR policies, processes and programs and thrive in our employees as our customer mindset
- Provide project management and administrative support on any special HR projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ yrs of HR C&B or HR specialist experience with at least 1 yr in a C&B role
- Experience working with US labor laws, global labor exposure is a nice to have (specifically India and Singapore)
- Understand the benefits’ marketplace and competitive offerings. You have experience adapting to YoY change in this space
- Comfortable guiding People Operations strategy and executing on that work with minimal supervision
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
life insurance made easy