Senior People & Culture Advisor - Retail
Description & Requirements
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
This team partners with people managers and employees to accomplish business objectives through the application of thoughtful, intentional and innovative people support. The People & Culture (P&C) team delivers frontline counsel and guidance in talent and performance management, employee relations, and change management. This team partners with business managers to deal with various queries and resolve issues autonomously, inclusive of all P&C matters and actively manage all aspects of people related matters, and to ensure a pro-active level of support is provided to the business.
a day in the life
This Senior People & Culture Advisor role will be supporting our Retail group for the South East region of the United States covering, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, and Kentucky. In this role you will:
- Provide effective and timely first line P&C support and counsel to employee and manager inquiries on various P&C related topics including assisting to interpret defined P&C policies and procedures.
- Support Managers through coaching performance management and improvement in order to assist in the creation/follow up of action plans around improving employee’s performance.
- Provide coaching and advice on career development, recruitment practices, succession planning, compensation and performance management, diversity & inclusion and other human resource practices.
- Provide advice in relation to involuntary separation requests from managers to ensure compliance with company culture and practices, determine legal exposure by verifying applicable legislation, and make a recommendation to leadership on how to proceed.
- Prepare and administer termination notices and related documentation around termination of employment.
- In partnership with benefits team, support Managers with accommodation request cases and follow up with internal and external partners on progression of each file including return to work planning.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify issues in the team/department and provide recommendation on action plans for improvement. Monitor and report on trends
- Manage employee pulse processes, monitor employee engagement and provide advice and recommendation on action plans to build on strengths and address areas of dis-satisfaction
- Support operational workforce planning and support hiring managers' to determine resourcing needs and develop necessary information to support job levelling to prepare for hiring.
- Partner with Talent acquisition and FP&A
- Partner with H&W team to determine level of the position and applicable salary range.
- Communicate job levelling outcomes and facilitate escalations as required with the H&W team.
- Support Business partners with delivery of annual people programs including grind, bi-annual compensation review and promotion exercises and bonus programs
- Provide leadership with respect to the employee pulse survey and provide advice to managers to identify, develop and implement action plans.
- In partnership with people practices, ensure compliance for all corporate policies & procedures, all federal & provincial laws and corporate P&C related matters are proactively researched and managed.
- As required in partnership with people practices, lead and conduct investigations regarding violations of our company’s standards of conduct etc.
- Development of effective analytic reporting to communicate data to inform and support decision-making. Identify trends and assist with analysis.
- Develop and maintain Sr. P&C Advisor team training materials and toolkits to provide consistent employee experience
- Support with administration of Employment agreements and Independent Contractor agreements, in partnership and review by legal
- In partnership with P&C Centres of Excellence’s, facilitate training to the business for P&C programs (eg.annual performance management, lululemon’s Key Priorities, Compensation /Bonus/ Equity) as required
- Validate and confirm that all P&C administrative forms/systems are correctly completed by managers with appropriate approvals, and regularly create and maintain employee records in Workday
- Ensure that all Workday people transactions and reporting is completed in a timely manner along with general P&C administration management in partnership with People Experiences support team.
- A minimum of 5-8 years progressive HR generalist experience
- Broad P&C knowledge and ability to facilitate the delivery of P&C advisory services to the business
- Conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills.
- Negotiation and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask
- Decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, people management and training
- Knowledge of P&C functions and best practices
- Experience managing employee records (HRIS)
- Deep understanding of Labour Law and employee equity regulations
- Personal responsibility to see issues through to resolution and meticulous attention to detail.
- Based out of one of the South East states that this role is covering
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.
lululemon is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you would like someone from our team to contact you for individualized support, email us at email@example.com. In your email, please include the position title, the location of the position and the nature of your request.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
our products create transformational experiences for people to live happy, healthy, fun lives