People Analytics & Insights Architect
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
As consumers wave goodbye to ownership, join us as we help companies win on their journey to usership!
ZEO Success is Zuora’s people-centered organization, inclusive of our Business Partners, Learning & Organizational Effectiveness, Internal Comms & Engagement, Total Rewards, HRIS, Recruiting, and our growing HR Operations & Analytics teams. Our mission is to make Zuora the destination for top talent to thrive and do their best work building The World Subscribed. We do this by putting people first and cultivating an inclusive, innovative and collaborative culture that enables all ZEOs, Zuora and our customers to be wildly successful.
YOUR MISSION: You will build the critical link between People data and business outcomes that come from it. You will support ZEO Success and the organization overall by delivering People dashboards, meaningful visualizations and essential insights from our data that will inform our People strategy as we scale to a $1B revenue company. In this new, impactful role, you will get to see your direct efforts inform our ZEO Success strategy and be the driver behind organizational change. Come help us track the right data, trend meaningful themes and transform the Zuora experience!
THE OPPORTUNITY (AKA: Why you want this role over any other out there)
The People Analytics & Insights Architect is a new, highly visible and impactful role at Zuora! The key focus of this role is synthesizing, analyzing, and uncovering compelling insights across complex People data sets and, equally important, translating those insights into recommendations for action for leaders across the organization. You will spend time digging into big, varied workforce data sets from various sources, and then lead the creation and launch of ZEO Success dashboards, reports, and action-oriented presentations to drive strategy our organization-wide ZEO Success strategy. You will partner with ZEO Success leaders, our Data Science team and external vendors (as needed), to ensure quality, consistency and timeliness of data outcomes and strategic recommendations. To maximize your success in this role, you should be a motivated self-starter who thrives in new spaces and loves creating something great from something good. You’ll embody our unique culture and become the “ZEO” of your own Zuora experience. At the end of the day, you will help our organization track, trend and transform!
What You’ll Achieve
- Serve as the People Analytics subject matter expert to support leaders across the organization in the development, evolution and utilization of People dashboards and analytics to drive business objectives.
- Work directly with large, complex data sets within existing HCM applications, such as Greenhouse and Workday, to develop insights and recommendations to stakeholders at all levels through a thoughtful combination of quantitative and qualitative storytelling; this requires summarizing outcomes and translating analytics into understandable themes that drive action.
- Establish best practices for improving the efficiency and automation of data analysis and dashboards, and define the best metrics to create scorecard(s) that monitor the health of Zuora’s workforce.
- Develop queries, driven by hypotheses, to utilize data from multiple sources, analyze the data and provide insights that have a positive impact on business decisions on an ad-hoc and recurring basis.
- Build strong internal relationships across the organization; for example, conduct needs assessments on a regular basis with key stakeholders, and provide them with strategic and tactical follow-ups that will allow them to make informed business decisions.
- Conduct data and systems audits to maintain high levels of integrity and compliance across multiple systems and tools.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- The ability and passion to articulate insights gained from workforce data to ZEO Success and key business stakeholders, utilizing a mix of storytelling tactics (e.g., slides, dashboards, data visualization, reports)
- Experience analyzing complex data from various sources to identify patterns and relationships
- Experience generating automated dashboards and reporting that provide insights using a visualization tool, including but not limited to Power BI, which allows business leaders to make better decisions
- Minimum five years of recent experience in an HR/Workforce Analytics role with direct experience working with varied and complex workforce data
- Great communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with and influence cross-functional leaders
- High degree of integrity; able to apply confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
- A commitment to ‘think big’, use data to drive strategy, and challenge the status quo
- Workday experience is a must; Power BI and predictive modeling experience preferred
About Zuora & Our “zeo” Culture
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Subscriptions are just the beginning.