Associate, Diversity and Inclusion
BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high-impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named the number one agency in America by the Observer, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 and has grown to a staff of more than 300 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, reproductive justice, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics, and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture, and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Transformation & Culture team designs and delivers innovative learning experiences that build personal and organizational capacity for change. We embolden individuals and communities to dismantle systems of oppression, to be the change, and to build an equitable world. We are a catalyst for change through our consulting and research arms. Our services include organizational strategy, executive coaching programs, learning opportunities, assessments, and tools to support partners in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Associate to support the Transformation & Culture practice area’s client relationship, project management, and strategy efforts. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your detail-orientation, big-picture thinking, and project management skills to creating the world we want to live in.
The Associate will report to the Vice President, Transformation & Culture and will work closely with all team members to implement systems and structures that help us meet both our and our partners’ performance standards. This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives when focusing on the details, can help a team see the path forward to reach the big picture, and wants to make a significant impact in the areas of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
Note: This position is available for a remote location within the United States, or within one of our offices (New York, N.Y. or Washington, D.C.).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Associate, Diversity and Inclusion, you will…
- Drive the day-to-day work on client projects and collaborate with colleagues to advance DEI strategy for multiple client accounts
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with clients by setting expectations, escalating urgent needs to senior staff, responding to their needs, etc.
- Plan and facilitate client and internal check-in meetings
- Participate in business development meetings and draft materials as needed
- Draft and edit external and internal documents such as cultural audits, strategy overviews, slide decks, tools and resources, etc.
- Project manage client engagements in collaboration with client team
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in management consulting, DEI strategy, project management or a related field
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment, owning high priority tasks with minimal support
- A personal commitment to and knowledge of racial justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize work streams and track progress across multiple teams
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- A team player with the ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your story, above all