Chief People Officer
Canonical seeks an exceptional People leader to help us define the 21st century digital workplace as part of our mission to be the best software company in an open source world. They will lead a global team of People practitioners, researchers and engineers to drive productivity, career development, effectiveness and happiness across our remote-first globally distributed company.
As a leading tech company, Canonical is at the forefront of the enterprise shift to open source and developer-led innovation. We are also a pioneer in remote work, one of the first companies to embrace the idea of a true level playing field for software talent. We recruit on a global basis and set an exceptionally high benchmark for our future talent.
Our People team thinks and acts globally. We have fewer than 1,000 colleagues, but we live in more than 60 countries. Work at Canonical is a step into the future, and will challenge you to think differently, work smarter, learn new skills, and raise your game. We are seeking an exceptional People leader who brings significant experience leading a global team. Exposure to Senior Leadership teams and C-Suite level is essential for this role together with an analytical approach and sharpness interpreting data trends and themes. We are looking for a lead with an analytical approach, a keen eye for detail and the ability to interpret data trends and themes.
- Work with Canonical’s CEO & COO to define our long term global People strategy
- Lead innovation and execution in talent planning, succession, assessments and HR processes
- Shape performance management, organisational design and workforce planning
- Drive employee engagement, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Lead research to understand the trends shaping the ways our employees work
- Use data to increase productivity across a global, remote first, organisation
- Deliver compliant HR operations in a timely manner and with the highest degree of accuracy
- Oversee our HR technology landscape, driving automation and process improvements
- Ensure our employee value proposition remains relevant, attractive and meaningful
Required skills and experience
- Degree qualified & HR certified (CIPD / SHRM etc)
- An experienced People Lead from a global environment in the technology sector
- Demonstrated experience of international HR partnership at a senior level, including C-Suite
- Deep knowledge and practical application of HR practices and employment law
- HR policy leadership in major economic areas such as the US, Canada, EU, Japan
- Strong proficiency in data and analytics
- Fluent in business English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Location: United States (remote) / Americas (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Deliver, maintain, secure and sustain open source from cloud to desktop and devices.