Manager, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Reporting into the Director, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI), this role will manage strategic DEI projects, with a key focus on communications & employee enablement. This role will work cross-functionally with a number of internal and external partners, including Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, ERGs, Internal Communications, and more, to up-level our internal DEI capabilities, manage ongoing and one-time cross-functional projects, and communicate our DEI progress to key stakeholders.
What You Will Do
- Support the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in drafting DEI Roadmap and quarterly OKRs
- Engage and educate employees by championing the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and contribute to the development of policies and programs designed to attract, retain, and develop a diverse workforce and foster a sense of belonging for all
- Partner with Director, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion to identify and prioritize DEI learning needs among employees, managers, and People Team members
- Plan and launch DEI learning initiatives, with responsibility for stakeholder alignment, program development, content creation, and internal communication, as needed Facilitate DEI workshops and trainings as an expert facilitator
- Develop and socialize DEI learning resources and toolkits, such an Inclusive Hiring Guide and Inclusive Language Guide
- Work closely with Learning & Development team to ensure consistency and alignment across DEI and L&D learning initiatives
- Develop and own progress indicators for DEI learning initiatives, share regular updates with Director and other stakeholders, and make recommendations to improve impact
- Develop and launch internal and external DEI communications strategy in partnership with Internal Comms and Talent Branding, including internal recognition calendar, social media campaigns, and blog posts
- Produce and publish DEI internal newsletters and work with ERG Sr. Specialist to manage communications for DEI Heritage Month programs throughout the year
- Develop and help implement a strategy to improve the internal visibility of the DEI Team and its programs
- Establish and track metrics to effectively measure the impact and responses – and implement best practices regarding the impact of communications
What You Will Bring
- 3-5 years of experience working in DEI or Learning & Development, with proven experience building and implementing successful employee programs
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Comfort facilitating employee trainings and workshops, or eagerness to learn
- Track record of working cross-functionally across the organization to oversee and manage projects to complete
- Strong project management skills to handle complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure, with proven time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity with a focus on intersectionality: cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, linguistic, professional, and other differences that make us unique
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth
- Adjustable Working Arrangements
- Robust Benefits
- Rest and Recharge Days
- Weekly Lunch Spend
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
Confluent is Remote-First
At Confluent, we care about how you work - not where. We encourage you to apply for positions outside of the listed location or your immediate region.
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Data in Motion