Chief People Officer
About the job
COVU is a remote-first Insurtech startup disrupting insurance by delivering digital and exceptional customer journeys across the insurance coverage lifecycle including great people who provide customer service, sales support, and advice as needed by the customer. We acquire our customers by onboarding small to medium-sized insurance agencies wherein we manage their existing customers using our people and platform delivering profit and new business growth for the benefit of the agency owners.
This is a unique opportunity to help start the People function at a startup from the very early stages of its rapid growth. People join Vero because of the mission and we are hoping to build the culture and career opportunities for them to stay.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with being in a very early stage tech company, while also comfortable with helping to scale the company to thousands of employees.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO, and senior executives to build a high-performing global organization at scale.
- Create and lead the People team and develop cohesive strategies to drive business outcomes across all departments: People Partnering, People Operations, Recruiting, Learning, People Programs
- Drive a world-class employee experience
- Ensure operational excellence within the team through the development of scaled systems and processes
- Have scaled technology companies through multiple stages of growth, including companies of 500+ employees
- Demonstrated, a successful record of coaching a diverse team of professionals to drive world-class performance
- Build equitable, inclusive, and diverse organizations
- Craft employee experiences that attract and retain top talent
- Bring your expertise and best practices to adapt and create unique programs designed for us
- Track record of successfully leading all facets of an effective People function
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, high-growth environment
- Data-driven, Results-oriented mindset
- 8+ years of experience in HR/People organizations, 5+ years leading People organizations in a scaled environment
- Experience with the insurance industry is a plus.
- Mission Driven – desire to make a positive impact and improve lives.
- Leadership – able to lead by doing with an unparalleled work ethic; able to coach and mentor those around them.
- Analytical – makes data-driven decisions and establishes effective metrics that drive results
- Intellectually Agile – able to think deeply about business problems and present creative solutions they can deliver
- Entrepreneurial – brings a high level of self-directed energy and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win in a distributed and often asynchronous work environment.
Competitive pay, bonus, Vero InsurTech shares which provide huge upside wealth potential as we disrupt the insurance industry with technology
Location: United States (remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
COVU delivers a combination of technology, real-time service, and sales support to the insurance agency’s customers.