Human Resources Manager
Sodexo is looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our Integrated Facilities Management team. This is a remote role, focused on general HR administrative/management duties plus talent management initiatives. The HR Manager will be responsible for all HR duties for a segment of employees to include on-boarding and orientation for new hires, employee engagement, employee relations, HR policies, and more. The HR Manager is also accountable for the talent processes that help maximize the contributions of our employees and leaders at Sodexo. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, delivering, and continuously improving specific talent processes including performance management, talent reviews, and succession planning projects.
The HR Manager will report to the IFM HR Director and work closely with the HR Managers, HR Centers of Excellence, and IFM leadership teams to ensure talent solutions are relevant, scalable, and flexible for our global business and regionally diverse workforce.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist hiring managers with all aspects of the new hire process
- Guide managers and leaders with employee relations concerns
- Maintain active personnel files, ensuring accurate filing of documents
- Design, implement, and continuously improve talent processes, including enterprise-wide performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, and individual development planning
- Understand the business strategy to ensure alignment with the talent strategy, while providing leaders and HRBPs with tools to identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Provide consultation and best practices to leaders and HRBPs throughout the talent planning process to leverage talent across the organization, identify opportunities, and collaborate on plans and solutions to mitigate talent risks
- Diagnose gaps between current and desired organization performance and deploy actions to resolve gaps, including performance management redesign, organization redesign, process change, coaching, and training
- Implement and continuously improve programs that enable the highest and best use of talent across the enterprise
- Identify, develop, and implement competency-based career development tools and resources to enhance professional development
- Establish metrics to continually evaluate talent program outcomes and make adjustments to drive effectiveness of talent solutions
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelors degree in HR, Organizational Leadership, Talent Development, or a related field preferred; equivalent experience will be considered
- 5+ years of experience in HR Administration, Talent Management, Organizational Development, or Learning & Development
- Comprehensive understanding of integrated talent management and the linkage between talent initiatives and business strategy
- Talent management experience with a focus on talent review/succession planning processes and performance management
- Program/project management and/or change management experience preferred
- Proven collaborator with the ability to rally multiple resources to accomplish goals
- Ability to build trusting relationships with stakeholders across regions and at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills with communication, presentation, and facilitation
- Ability to stay organized and detail-oriented, while managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Self-directed and self-motivated mindset with a focus on service excellence
- Respectful of confidential information
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Responsible for implementing, coordinating and/or administration of HR programs, policies and procedures. Participates in HR initiatives and special projects. This position interacts frequently with Senior Management and must exercise discretion and independent judgment in formulating and applying human resources and other management policies to non-routine and complex business challenges.
- Data & Analysis: Predictive hiring needs & accurate job openings - 10%
- Total Reward: Compensation workstream & EVP deployment - 10%
- Recruiting: Central recruiting (Paradox), post offer process & on-boarding - 20%
- Workforce Optimization - 20%
- Career Development: Training, annual review process - 10%
- Employment Branding: TA collaborations, VOICE, LINK, communication - 10%
- Retention - 20%
- Decision Making: The ability to know when a decision needs to be made and having the readiness to make timely, sound decisions. This includes selecting the most promising alternative or course of action that is consistent with sound business practices, and with overall Company practices; recognizing when outside advice is needed; and committing to action, even in uncertain situations.
- Project Management: The ability to plan resource requirements and secure resources to ensure the successful completion of designated projects and to effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Business Knowledge: Knowledge of business operations and roles across the organization. This includes knowledge of business principles and code of business ethics and conduct.
- Leading Change: The ability to promote a diverse and inclusive environment within the organization that embraces change, new ideas, and innovative thinking. This includes recognizing and rewarding others for trying new or different ideas or ways of thinking, challenging the organization to achieve and sustain competitive advantage, and removing barriers to change.
- Database Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or other database programs. This includes the ability to generate basic reports.
- Diversity Awareness/Sensitivity: The ability and willingness to be aware of, understand, and behave in a manner that is respectful of the diverse cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, linguistic, professional, and other differences that make us unique. This includes clearly communicating and reinforcing aims and goals of team, diversity, unity, cooperation, and excellence.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience - 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Location: United States (Remote)
Thanks to our 412,000 employees, Sodexo provides catering, facilities management, employee benefits and personal home services to 100 million consumer...