Sr. Director, People Operations
Light & Wonder’s corporate team is comprised of incredible talent that works across the enterprise, defying boundaries to provide essential services in an extraordinary manner to ensure the success of the organization and the well-being of employees.
Reporting into the VP People Operations and Technology you will lead a team that plays an integral part of our Employees (Creators) experience. You will be instrumental in building a cohesive and comprehensive Global People Shared Service Center(s). You will manage the implementation and administration of People programs, policies, and procedures. You will lead the development, execution and management of key tools including a ticketing system, Creator portal, and knowledge management. You will act as a partner to the global People team to move transactional work from the HRBP’s, Centers of Excellence (COE) (where applicable), other Business Units, and Corporate functions (as it relates to Onboarding and other employee lifecycle processes) to the Shared Service ensuring a high level of customer experience to Creators. You will operate from deep and clear accountability for how the area(s) you lead connect to the overall People Capability transformation and ensure Operating Model evolution meets milestones required to deliver on our strategic and financial objectives.
Light &Wonder has an aggressive but achievable business transformation strategy and EPS goals over the next three years. The President/CEO and Board of Directors see talent and culture as indispensable levers that drive their business outcomes. There must be a complete understanding of the business in what challenges and opportunities lie ahead to best create a function that ensures our success. The level of complexity and desired transformation creates an elevated level of ambiguity requiring processes and systems that establish strong organizational capabilities, enabling rapid growth from organic and M&A activities. This role will lead the transformation for People Operations, adding to employee engagement at L&W.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a People Operations team responsible for Creator support across the areas of onboarding, off-boarding, Workday transactions, benefits administration, compensation administration, and compliance.
- Create and continuously improve a Creator Portal to address general inquiries flowing from multitude of topics through self-service.
- Lead and manage an onshore and offshore team responsible for managing the Creator experience throughout the Creator lifecycle.
- Lead the global people operations systems/tools roadmap and self-service strategy to support service delivery goals and ensure the highest level of data management and accuracy for Workday.
- Create processes in collaboration with other People Business Partners and COE to move transactional processes into the People Shared Service Center and ensure that the work is appropriately covered across COEs, BPs and People Services.
- Collaborates with cross-functional team to provide input on key HR related matters and to assist in designing the People Operations functions and teams for the future.
- Work closely with the People Systems team, Finance and IT to evaluate, recommend and customize Workday to ensure that the system works optimally for our Creators.
- Play an instrumental role in helping to build and drive the coordination of global people operations execution across our multiple global offices.
- Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes.
- Build strong data analytics and metrics to continually evaluate and improve the success of Shared Services. Create, deliver and report against SLA’s.
- Build and maintain trusted, mutually respectful relationships with senior leadership, managers, and employees.
- Drive excellence through data analysis and capturing critical HR metrics while staying abreast of emerging trends and best practices.
- An expert in building, scaling and leading People operations in a Shared Service Center environment
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Working knowledge of Workday is preferred.
- Strong partner within the People function and across the executive leadership team
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, high quality operational appropriate People programs, processes, and systems
- Ability to influence, engage, and partner closely with appropriate Business Partners across all levels of the organization in the planning, change management, and execution of People operations
- Knowledge of HR and global privacy laws, information security and quality principles
- Strong People analytics/metrics experience including predictive analytics, workforce reporting, talent acquisition, performance management, and overall people data
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to compile, research, and analyze information and then draw insights and influence data-driven decisions.
- Collaborative HR Partner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 10+ years People experience, with deep and broad knowledge of People Operations
- HR Certifications (preferred)
Location: Las Vegas, NV preferred, open to Remote PST time zone
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light & Wonder, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “L&W”) are engaged in the highly regulated gaming business. As a result, L&W employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, and/or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. To ensure L&W complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, L&W requires all of its employees to meet those requirements necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with L&W (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to L&W conducting due diligence and a background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Light & Wonder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here for EEOC Poster.
Location: United States (Remote)
The Leading Cross-Platform Global Games Company