Director, Benefits & Compensation
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting To: April Kozubal
Compensation: $120,000 - $150,000 / year
We are VERDANTAS!
It is a rare opportunity to get to shape the evolution of a company emerging in the AEC industry. Our people do it every day. You can be a part of building the next great comprehensive environmental, energy, water, and civil infrastructure consulting firm. Partner with your peers and leaders to make a lasting, positive impact on society through some unique projects affecting our clients and our communities.
We are seeking a Benefits and Compensation Director to join our team of professionals. This role is remote.
This is not your ordinary Benefits & Compensation role! The person who will excel in this role will love having responsibilities in due diligence & integrations for multiple companies at once while looking for opportunities to enhance our existing programs for a dynamic and growing company. This role requires a customer service approach that provides support to employees and leaders while maintaining a strong relationship with our external partners.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the company's healthcare and benefits plans, leave programs and compensation initiatives
- Manages the benefits and compensation portions of due diligence and integration processes for multiple companies in any given year
- Develop, implement, and administer competitive benefit programs, and competitive compensation philosophy, policies, procedures, practices, and programs that support company values and priorities
- Ensure compensation programs are reviewed for internal equity and external competitiveness on a regular basis
- Develop and effectively communicate all benefits and compensation initiatives and programs including annual compensation benchmarking and review process
- Recommend benefits programs to Executive team by assessing organizational needs, relevant laws and partnering with our external advisors
- Aligns all healthcare and leave programs with federal, state, and local laws, ensuring ongoing and accurate advice to the SVP, Human Resources, and various senior leaders throughout the organization
- Provides ongoing accurate benefits utilization analysis, preparing, distributing, and effectively communicating information through both verbal and written reporting and summaries
- Effectively and consistently manages relationships with healthcare and benefit providers, benefits consultants, and all other key stakeholders associated with providing benefits
- Provides ongoing oversight, direction, and supervision for Benefits and Compensation Specialist
- Identify, implement, and administer technology options in the Benefits and Compensation realm to drive simplification and ease of use for employees, supervisors, and HR team
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Finance, or a related field of study
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in benefits and compensation programs with four (4) of those years involving strategic planning, plan oversight & analysis and implementation of recommendations
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience effectively managing and supervising direct reports
- Must have strong communication, presentation, time and project management, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute effectively, make measurable progress on multiple high priorities simultaneously, lead, motivate, and hold others accountable, drive results, effectively handle multiple priorities, successfully resolve medium to complex problems, and establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders
- Strong technical skills in using Microsoft Office environment. Intermediate to advanced use of excel, power point and communications platforms highly preferred
- CEBS, CBP or CCP designations are desirable
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Flexible Work Environment
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off + Holidays
Location: United States (Remote)
People. Focused. Future.