Sr. HR Business Partner
Since our founding in 2011, our mission has been to improve the lives of seniors and their caregivers. We are deeply passionate about communication and committed to becoming the foremost provider of services and solutions that enable seniors to lead more meaningful and independent lives. We also understand the power of connection and the profound impact it has on the lives of individuals who are hard-of-hearing . By utilizing enhanced automatic speech recognition, human captioning, and innovative product development, we deliver easy-to-use, cutting-edge technology to our primarily senior customer base. Our near real-time phone captioning technology allows individuals with hearing loss to see what callers are saying, enabling them to regain their connection to the world.
ClearCaptions is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC)-certified telephone captioning provider, adhering to the highest industry standards of privacy, security, and professionalism. We recognize the importance of maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers, and we continually strive to exceed their expectations.
For more information about our services please visit clearcaptions.com.
The Sr. Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) is a strategic advisor to leaders, providing guidance and support on a variety of HR-related matters. The HRBP’s primary responsibility is to strengthen leadership capability and next level bench by placing a qualitative eye on key people strategies within their designated business area(s) or groups. In collaboration with leadership, the HRBP optimizes the workforce into sustainable results by attracting, training & developing, rewarding, and retaining critical leadership and employee capability, under an overall umbrella of active engagement. HRBP adds value by providing a unique and powerful perspective of HR principles and practices, to help the company fuel growth, build leadership capability, and drive a Great Place to Work® environment.
This is a Remote/Work from Home position reporting to Director, Employee Experience.
What you will do:
- Partner with senior leadership and management to strengthen capability of talent by coaching, guiding, and challenging assessment of leaders and employees to identify strengths and opportunities
- Facilitates Employee Relations processes and practices, provides expert consultant and guidance leadership, collaboration, coaching, and support on all types of employee relations matters including but not limited to employee engagement, promotions, transfers, performance issues, and separations.
- Provides information, interpretation, advice, training, and counsel to leadership, management, and employees regarding employee relations matters; Serves as facilitator when appropriate
- Works promptly and strategically with key partners to resolve conflict, mitigate organizational risk, and maintain high levels of performance and retention
- Investigates and resolves complex or critical employee relations issues, ensuring investigations of complaints or performance concerns are conducted and coordinated with other stakeholders in an objective, thorough and timely manner; documents all findings and recommendations
- Tracks and manages employee relations case cycle - from initial discussions to formal/informal resolution
- Maximize management’s use of company goal setting, performance evaluations, and performance management programs
- Works closely with management and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Establishes, collects, and reports appropriate metrics to drive improvements and ensure efficiency and effectiveness of employee relations and talent managementresponsibilities
- Creates reports and analyzes data to be used by HR and the management team to measure key people metrics, to support business goals
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Ensures that fair and equitable treatment of all employees is consistent with the company's core values and objectives; commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Manages exit interview process in their business area; analyzes causes of turnover and suggests approaches to drive improvements in employee retention
- on developing and setting performance standards and conducting quality evaluations that drive performance and employees' career potential
- Collaborates with respective HR centers of excellence on payroll and compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, and learning and development business needs
- Understands business priorities and translates them into HR agendas to support rapid business growth
- Drives HR standardizations, policies, and processes. Contributes to the continued improvement of scalable and simplified HR programs and processes within the company
- Leads HR programs, projects, and initiatives within business area such as Culture Crew and employee resource groups
- Stays current with changing federal, state, and local legislation that impacts the HR function; Ensures compliance with internal policies, regulations, and legislation
- Addresses unemployment claims and attends unemployment hearings when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile people who thrive on variety and challenge
- Excited about working in a fast-paced environment .
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture .
- Takes initiative, pushes boundaries, motivated to innovate .
- Talented individuals with a growth mindset who want to use their learning and relationship-building skills .
- Align with our company core values: Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration, Service and Quality .
- High-school diploma or GED; BS/BA degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of relevant experience in an HR Business Partner generalist role
- Prior experience working in a remote environment with an hourly non-exempt population required, contact or service centers required
- Experience building and leading HR programs, projects, and teams
- Proficiency working with various HRIS systems; Dayforce a plus
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification a plus
- Working and practical knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including employee relations, performance management, compensation practices, organizational development, and federal and state employment law
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment; adjust readily to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Must be willing to challenge point-of-views when necessary and offer alternative, constructive suggestions
- Proven ability to understand strategic organizational issues and influence change
- Utilizes strategic and critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause and solve problems
- Strong attention to detail and on-time completion of deliverables
- Sound judgement in handling confidential or sensitive information. Maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, act with complete integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and travel (up to 10%); will include some overnight travel.
- Proficient in MS Office, modern communication tools for virtual teams (i.e., MS Teams, Slack)
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting and standing (90%)
- Keyboarding (60%-80%)
- Viewing computer monitor, tablet and cell phone screen requiring close vision (90%)
- May lift or move boxes up to 10lbs.
100% remote. Work is performed in a home office/remote environment.
$111,000 to $127,000 with consideration to experience and geographical location . Please see www.clearcaptions.com/careers for an overview of our generous benefits program.
Intrigued to learn more?
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back from us if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
ClearCaptions is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity . All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements , and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics .
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Location: United States (Remote)